PDA

View Full Version : powerlid?

TRX_450
03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
im lookin to get a lil more power and seein as im runnin a stock filter i figured i could change that...im lookin at the k&n powerlid....i have some quesitons tho....does it eleminate the need for an air filter? and it also says it comes with jets and an outerware...anybody have one and have some comments on it?

TRX23rider
03-21-2006, 03:36 PM
you still need to use an airfilter with it, and yes it does come with the jets and an outerwears. But to be honest with you it would be way cheaper to just take off your stock lid and get an outerwears for that.

2high4u2c
04-11-2006, 05:09 AM
u mean ust to remove the lid, and throw a skin over the top of the box?????

Iliketogofast
04-11-2006, 06:07 AM
Yep, that's what he said. The powerlid is just like removing the lid altogether, except it is a tad more restrictive and a lot more expensive.

Like he said, you would be better off just getting an outerwears for your filter and not having a lid altogether.

2high4u2c
04-16-2006, 11:02 PM
thanx for the responses

is it safe to cover the box with no lid, with pantyhose, instead of outerwear??? that way it could be replaced as needed for a hell of a lot less, and then how much should i change my jets??? both primary, and idle jets?

Iliketogofast
04-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Thats a considerable alternative, but since pantyhose aren't waterproof you aren't getting very much filtration, except for large particles.

Outerwears sells an airbox cover made of teh same material as their filterwares for less than 20 dollars. These are, just like the filterwares, non-disposable. You can wash them and reuse them.

My suggestion would be to run no lid with a filterware and a airbox outerware to be safe.

Also, pantyhose rip easily and they ruin when they come in contact with muddy water.

2high4u2c
04-17-2006, 12:22 PM
ok....lesson taught, and learned.... pantyhose BAD

thanx again for the insight, im still kinda new to the quad biz, but love the way my 426ex port/polished, rips through the dunes