PDA

View Full Version : speed

deerslayer
03-21-2006, 12:22 PM
:macho wat is the fastest speed a 400ex has been maxed out to stock............ and wit mods is it possible to reach 100mph:eek2:

miller821
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Man if someone modded it out they could fly on one. They could put a 440 kit or 465 in it, and it would be fast. But theres a raptor here that just flat out flies, so think if you put something like this on a ex.:devil:
http://www.albaaction.com/atv/index.htm

deerslayer
03-21-2006, 02:22 PM
:rolleyes: yeah my ex has a 440 kit and pipes a nd lil other mods and i,m tryin to keep up with a modified banshee. this ex will alredy smoke a stock raptor

underpowered
03-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Doing motor mods will never make your bike faster. you could have everything possible done to the motor and it still wont go any faster than stock.

There are only Two ways to make your bike faster. One is by changing the gearing to a taller gear ratio and the second is by increasing the RPM. motor mods will only help you get to your top speed quicker, but overall it will be the same speed as stock.

miller821
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
Doing motor mods will never make your bike faster. you could have everything possible done to the motor and it still wont go any faster than stock.

There are only Two ways to make your bike faster. One is by changing the gearing to a taller gear ratio and the second is by increasing the RPM. motor mods will only help you get to your top speed quicker, but overall it will be the same speed as stock.
Ya you can go beyond that also though. Such as tire height, and cam. If i'm not mistaken ( which I maybe) isn't the stage 3 supposed to help you get faster top speed? I'm not sure.

94F450SD
03-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Ya you can go beyond that also though. Such as tire height, and cam. If i'm not mistaken ( which I maybe) isn't the stage 3 supposed to help you get faster top speed? I'm not sure.

taller tires will increase speed just like going up a tooth on thefront sprocket.but a cam of any stage is not gonna give more speed.no matter what you do with the ngine it wont gain speed only get to top speed faster untill you play with gearing,tire hieght and rev limiter

miller821
03-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 94F450SD
taller tires will increase speed just like going up a tooth on thefront sprocket.but a cam of any stage is not gonna give more speed.no matter what you do with the ngine it wont gain speed only get to top speed faster untill you play with gearing,tire hieght and rev limiter
K, I see.