PDA

View Full Version : GT thunder rebuilds

MR.BIG
03-21-2006, 08:53 AM
I was wondering how the gt thunder revalves and resprings compare to the aftermarket shocks like Elka?

MR.BIG
03-21-2006, 09:45 AM
WOW nobody knows!!!!!!!!!!!!:macho

nowukno
03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Aftermarket shock rebuilds like GT Thunder , C&D or Derisi are a great improvement over stock shocks but they are not comparable to aftermarket shocks like Elka.

03-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
Aftermarket shock rebuilds like GT Thunder , C&D or Derisi are a great improvement over stock shocks but they are not comparable to aftermarket shocks like Elka.

well said, aftermarket shocks have better components all around, at the moment stockers cant compete with this, eventually maybe, but right now, no

G T Thunder does great work, if you are thinking about aftermarket shocks or his revalve, i would say to buy the Elka shocks through him and have him set them up for you

03-21-2006, 10:51 AM
i love my shocks. if you are serious about racing and have the money get elkas but if you just want some really good shocks and dont want to blow $1500+ then just get them revalved and im sure you will be happy

Pappy
03-21-2006, 10:54 AM
I kind of have to differ in my opinion here....

Id say that if someone was racing, play riding or just want better ride qualities, the popular aftermarket rebuilds are the best value period. I would also say that a well tuned set of stock shocks will be very comparable to the top brands as far as the average rider/racer is concerned.

A rebuilt shock is not an aftermarket....but they are damn close in my book.

MR.BIG
03-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it!:D

jeepnrocks
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM
You cant go wrong with a gt thunder setup

03-21-2006, 07:49 PM
i have a full gt thunder set up on my 04 w/ +2S and an lsr axel. last year a freind had his 04 set up w/ walsh and elka and he was pizzed at how good my set worked :D $$$$$$ i raced 2 a classes and fin 6th and 5th for the year on this set up. works for me;)

emaxxjeremy
03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
i have bben trying to get mine done by gt thunder, good luck getting ahold of them

400ex45
03-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by emaxxjeremy
i have bben trying to get mine done by gt thunder, good luck getting ahold of them

the best way to get ahold of him is email. but if you call during working hours he should anwser. www.gtthunder.com i live close to him so i took them down this mon. and he got them done and am picking them up tomarrow. which was alot faster then what i was expecting.