PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Goggles

DANVAN
03-21-2006, 07:04 AM
My goggles fog up after about 1/2 hour of riding, then I have a difficult time seeing and usually have to remove them, if its not them fogging it is my regular glasses that fog, what can I do to stop them from fogging.

The goggles are only a $20.00 pair made by Scott.

Do I need a better pair, how about ski goggles?

I have a HJC ac-x2 helmit, Im told they dont make a face shield for it, I should have bought one with a full face shield.

Will wax on the goggles work? I may try waxing the goggles and the glasses before I spend money on more goggles, what do u guys think?

I hate not being able to see!

BiG James
03-21-2006, 08:25 AM
all goggles will fog eventually even snowboard goggles... get some anti fog spray

woodsman250r
03-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Smith sells a anti fog cloth that you can buy at most dealers that is only a few dollars at that. Just get one of those and wipe it on the inside of your goggles and glasses before you ride and it should solve the problem.

DANVAN
03-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks guys, I will look for the smith anti-fog cloth today at lunch, hope it works for me.

Happy Trails.

Moto92
03-21-2006, 10:19 AM
you can get anti-fog, anti-static google spray at walgreens for $2.
its what i use and have no problems.

DANVAN
03-21-2006, 12:23 PM
I went to walgrens, bought the cleaner/anti-fog stuff, also went to the local cycle shop and picked up a Scott anti-fog cloth to carry with me on the quad. If these 2 dont work Ill buy better goggles.

Thanks again guys.

miller821
03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
If you don't like that ^^^, go with the spy anti fog for like $34 is what I spent on mine I think. Haven't fogged up once on me.

Mean250r
03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
my old goggles foged up, i got sum nicer ones and havnt had a problem yet :cool:

CBRSLIDER
03-22-2006, 05:03 AM
I was having a similar problem with anti fog goggles while racing in wet conditions and looked for something other than the normal anti-fog cloth and spray. I found a product called "Cat Crap". Sounds funny and unbelieveable but it is like a little wax in a small red container. Looks like a girls lip balm container. After you clean your lens, you apply a small amount of this like a wax. Then after it hazes up you wipe it off. It really worked nice. I applied it after each lens cleaning.

I found it at a sporting goods store in Buffalo NY. Think the store was called Galyans? I can try to locate the container in all my racing stuff and get the info off of it if anyone is interested.

Ray