PDA

View Full Version : any new types of fuel management out?

turtleboy
03-21-2006, 01:54 AM
I know that there is the cherry bomb, but is there anything else out or in the works?

slief
03-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Apparently Trinity racing is shipping their EMS unit. I just saw one on EBay.. I am not sure if the Trinity is any good though.

ill_lil_romey
03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I think that the Trinityh EMS module will be good on the LTR. My friend has one on his raptor 700 and hasnt had any problems, and its on the fly adjustable, 4 maps I believe.

ScooterBike
03-27-2006, 01:35 PM
what about the dynojet power commander!?

http://www.powercommander.com/

turtleboy
03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
The dynojet power commander sounds interesting and they are here in Vegas. :) Looks like I might go by there and see what they say. Thanks for the info guys, keep em coming.

armoks
03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
The Trinity setup has NO maps in it all it does is let you adjust the fuel in different parts of the RPM. the dyotech will be the same. These are good for tuning a pipe to an engine but will do nothing to change the maps.

The Power Comander (if it is done right) will let you create new maps and will let you get intot he ignition and fuel settings. But we are waiting to see when they will finaly release the final product out:D

jfarrar30
03-29-2006, 07:02 AM
i have an ltr with a yoshi pipe lid removed stock filter.i have been running with the cherry bomb and 50/50 pump and c12.it runs awesome other than it is pretty lean at an idle.other than that it seems fine maybe a bit lean up top.i have the yosh ems system on order although im thinking of switching to the powercommander.anyways i decided to purchase the trinity controller in the mean time to see if i can get rid of the lean spots and improve my idle.first impression it sucks.maybe with there filter kit it will run better but with what i got it totally dogged my engine.i lost a ''TON'' of bottom end.it is set-up way rich i had to put it on the leanest setting to obtain a good idle (wich she does purr like a kitty now)the biggest problem is you have to remove your cherry bomb wich will put you back in he stock map.that map sucks.you loose your rev limit.it hits the limiter like right now!i tried verything to get it dialed in i just think it is in the stock map wether it be ign timing or what ever i cannot get any power out of it.i leaned it out to the point where it would pop on decel and knowing it was lean and still no power down low.no matter what i did it had no nads. i have alot of experiece dialing in fi so thats not the problem what ever is in map''one'' sucks.im gonna try to put the cherry bomb on and see if i can possibly get it lean enough to run with both but im doubting it.you definetly need map ''two'' for any kinfd of power.without knowing whats in the maps i cannot tell you why just seems no matter what i did with the fuel the power was just not there.but hey it idles nice.lol.