PDA

View Full Version : tore a car up w/ my yoda

TacomaNC4X4
03-20-2006, 08:54 PM
well i was ridin behind a dodge intreped on my tacoma on 35s and we were on a long stright away and this guy starts slowin down to turn right into the only drive on the road. being stupid and lazy not wanting to slow down, i just moved over into the other lane to pass him and then he passed his driveway and whiped back around to the left to turn around. i locked up the brakes and turned to the left and ran right into him at about 55mph. i hit him with my driverside front. i got outta the truck just knowing that i was screwed and my truck was fu*ked up. but guess what...now even ONE scratch. i couldn't beleive it. then the guy gets outta his car and ask if im alright and i ask him. then hes like "look, if its aight with you..lets just forget this ever happened" i was like "are you sure i mean you car is really messed up. he said "well i cant afford for the cops to get here cause i got illigal tags and no insurance and some other sh*t that the cops dont need to know about so its alright. so i was like "HELL YEAH". how did i get so lucky? it pushed his back door in like a foot and pushed the whole cornerpanel in. it had black tire circle marks all down the side of his car. i dont know how i got so lucky. i tell you what...you can't beat a toyota i dont care what nobody says

miller821
03-20-2006, 08:59 PM
LOL thats hilarious. You tore his car up and didn't even have to pay for it. And you didn't even hurt yours, thats awesome.

OutCast
03-20-2006, 08:59 PM
You can't go wrong with a toyota! You are extremely lucky! You would of had a real mess to deal with if he did some damage to your ride.

fast_enough
03-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by TacomaNC4X4
you can beat a toyota i dont care what nobody says

Do you mean, can't?

TacomaNC4X4
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah i ment can't. i fixed it. if it would have messed my truck up bad i think i would have called the cops and gotten a report. i know i would have got a ticket cause it was my fault and his. but ive been getting in some serious sh*t lately and somehow i have been gettin EXTREMELY lucky and gotten out of it. this makes the 2ed time in a week ive gotten so lucky. i think i just need to stay home before my luck changes.

OutCast
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't know if your other lucky experience had to do with driving, but if it was, you're just going to have to drive a little more defensive. Being in a hurry for the little things, doesn't actually save you anything, when it all goes bad. :)

big k
03-20-2006, 10:20 PM
i had a similar experience i ran a red light and clipped this guy in a ranger and completyl f-ed up his bumper but he was drunk so hes all like its not that bad see ya later

400ex4rick
03-21-2006, 01:20 AM
when I was 18 a guy drinking pulled out in front of me. My front bumper scraped the whole side of his car.The guy was almost crying said didn't want cops involved he had a new car I had a beater he offered to pay for damage I told him not to worry about it wasn't really worried about the car only had scrached bumper. I go home next morning cops are at my door the guy took my plate# and had his wife report a hit and run. She said she was driving I hit her and took off. I goto court she was crying I told the judge what happened didn't beleive me my insurance company had to pay them almost 7000

DieselBoy
03-21-2006, 01:36 AM
talk about getting bent over.

BLACKeR
03-21-2006, 05:25 AM
when I was 18 a guy drinking pulled out in front of me. My front bumper scraped the whole side of his car.The guy was almost crying said didn't want cops involved he had a new car I had a beater he offered to pay for damage I told him not to worry about it wasn't really worried about the car only had scrached bumper. I go home next morning cops are at my door the guy took my plate# and had his wife report a hit and run. She said she was driving I hit her and took off. I goto court she was crying I told the judge what happened didn't beleive me my insurance company had to pay them almost 7000

this will happen, if your not going to get the cops at least get somethng signed from the other driver saying what happened so you can avoid this stuff. and it helps to keep a throw away camera in the car take a couple snap shots of the sceen, then you have a defence.

1fst400
03-21-2006, 07:37 AM
I rear ended a car about 3 weeks ago.

I was in my jeep, heading home from the gf's house at about 10:00pm. There is a pontiac grand am in front of me. We get to the trafic lights and there isnt another car in sight, Me and the grand am where in the right turning lane. The Light just turned to yellow. I Guessed that the car was just going to go throu it, seeins how you can go right on red, it was just a yellow.

About 1/2way turning the grand am decided that he was going to obey the law and stop, look then go. Well Brakes in my jeep are far from the best, and of course I was on the gas trying to beat the red light.:rolleyes: . So I clock into his rear bumper with my front bumper.

I stoped, backed up a little. Got out, the guy got out. He said u Alright, I said "oh ya". he looked at his rear bumper and there wasent any damage, My whole front Bumper was smushed in, But that wasent my main worrie. Seeins how I was driving on the dealer Plate that Belongs to my dads delership, If I get a ticket on that plate it can make his insurance go up for his dealership, = NOT GOOD.

so guy got in his car and took off, that was the end of it. The whole time I was taking to the guy I was trying to remember how much cash I had in my pocket, to offer him 50$ or somthin. But the guy was reasonable with me.

My dad was a little curious to why my bumper was smushed in, But I just said I ran into somthing.. ha, dident say what.

RaptorRacer45
03-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I wouldent put all the Praise on Toyota.....sorry but i think anything lifted up w\ 35" tires goin against a car will come out on top.......Good luck though anyway:D

DieselBoy
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
HAHA, raptor racer...exactly what i was thinking

400exrider707
03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
I wouldent put all the Praise on Toyota.....sorry but i think anything lifted up w\ 35" tires goin against a car will come out on top.......Good luck though anyway:D

My buddy had a yota lifted on 40's and he got hit by a car doing 100mph. Pushed his front axle right out from underneath the truck. F'ed his truck up really bad and his arm. The kid in the car walked away.....

400exrules
03-21-2006, 02:42 PM
yeah i ment can't. i fixed it. if it would have messed my truck up bad i think i would have called the cops and gotten a report. i know i would have got a ticket cause it was my fault and his. but ive been getting in some serious sh*t lately and somehow i have been gettin EXTREMELY lucky and gotten out of it. this makes the 2ed time in a week ive gotten so lucky. i think i just need to stay home before my luck changes.

go get a lottery ticket

TacomaNC4X4
03-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
go get a lottery ticket

haha. were still waitin here in NC. shouldn't be too much longer but thats a good idea.

400exrules
03-21-2006, 08:25 PM
oh, and for some nice, cheap insurance, just keep your trailor hitch on. if anyone rearends you, the hitch will rape the frontend of their car and it wont do jack to you

400exrider707
03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
oh, and for some nice, cheap insurance, just keep your trailor hitch on. if anyone rearends you, the hitch will rape the frontend of their car and it wont do jack to you

:devil:

TacomaNC4X4
03-21-2006, 08:41 PM
haha. yeah i got a 6inch drop hitch that extends out pretty far.

JOEX
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
well i was ridin behind a dodge intreped on my tacoma on 35s and we were on a long stright away and this guy starts slowin down to turn right into the only drive on the road. being stupid and lazy not wanting to slow down, i just moved over into the other lane to pass him and then he passed his driveway and whiped back around to the left to turn around. i locked up the brakes and turned to the left and ran right into him at about 55mph. i hit him with my driverside front. i got outta the truck just knowing that i was screwed and my truck was fu*ked up. but guess what...now even ONE scratch. i couldn't beleive it. then the guy gets outta his car and ask if im alright and i ask him. then hes like "look, if its aight with you..lets just forget this ever happened" i was like "are you sure i mean you car is really messed up. he said "well i cant afford for the cops to get here cause i got illigal tags and no insurance and some other sh*t that the cops dont need to know about so its alright. so i was like "HELL YEAH". how did i get so lucky? it pushed his back door in like a foot and pushed the whole cornerpanel in. it had black tire circle marks all down the side of his car. i dont know how i got so lucky. i tell you what...you can't beat a toyota i dont care what nobody says
Lucky huh.....

Nuttin' like a little aiding and abetting:rolleyes:

Guilty by association?:ermm:

Originally posted by OutCast
I don't know if your other lucky experience had to do with driving, but if it was, you're just going to have to drive a little more defensive. Being in a hurry for the little things, doesn't actually save you anything, when it all goes bad. :)
Very true;)

Those with experience have the ability to anticipate what may happen and be able to avoid such a situation:)

wheelinforlife
03-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Have to love toyota!!!!!!

03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
i hit a guy doing 45mph and it smashed my front left quarter panel, bent my tierod, broke my front left light, broke my bumpers. I was able to fix the truck with about $500 after buying all the new parts off ebay. I love my toyota. you cant even tell it was totalled now

DieselBoy
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i hit a guy doing 45mph and it smashed my front left quarter panel, bent my tierod, broke my front left light, broke my bumpers. I was able to fix the truck with about $500 after buying all the new parts off ebay. I love my toyota. you cant even tell it was totalled now

my f-350 is like hitting a freight train - i would probably just have a ding in my bumper, and possibly some light body damage.

they must be one of the safest vehicles to be in.

03-21-2006, 10:16 PM

yep my mom got in a wreak and she had her hitch on it did nothing to her 4 runner amd ****ed up the other ladys car

DieselBoy
03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
make sure it doesnt rust in there you will be SCREWED!