PDA

View Full Version : riding boots info needed

BLACKeR
03-20-2006, 08:08 PM
does anyone on here use gearne boots? i am replacing a pair of a-stars and am undescided if i want to go with gaerne or a-star again. the gaerne look a little slimmer in the toe than the a-stars, and i have heard that they are quite comfortable. the one thing holding me back is sizing. i am a 10.5-11 and the size 11 a-stars fit perfect. whats the sizing like on gaernes? is it goofy? any input on this life changing choice would be appreciated.

mole97
03-21-2006, 12:55 AM
just purchased a pair of gaerne sg-10's ,but haven't rode with them yet,just wore them around the house,but the second i put them on i was like, oh wow,these are comfortable! i have a pair of a-stars tech 10 's also and have no complaints about them either. the only thing? i wear i size 9and a 1/2 so i got the a-stars in a 9 and there kinda tight so i got the sg10's in a 10 and they feel a lot better. i like the buckle system for the gearns better also. alot easier to get on and off. hope that helps a little.

BLACKeR
03-21-2006, 05:18 AM
thanks for the reply, thats the info i was looking for, it sounds like they are sized very similar to the a-stars. i think ill give them a try, they look to be made very well to me. if im not happy im couming after you though!:D

jrd426
03-21-2006, 07:41 AM
i have a set of both. i love the sg 10's but they look to plastic in person.they feel great and have great support,but i like my alpinestars alot better.go with alpinestar tec 10's

03-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by jrd426
i have a set of both. i love the sg 10's but they look to plastic in person.they feel great and have great support,but i like my alpinestars alot better.go with alpinestar tec 10's More plastic=more protection. Gearne's and SiDi's are the most protective boots.