PDA

View Full Version : FCR39mm tuning

400exRacerX
07-25-2002, 11:39 AM
Hey,

I got my 416 running normal now, but it seemed to run extremely hot. So I pulled the plug out and it was whiter than marylin manson:eek: It currently had the air screw a couple turns out, needle raised one clip, and a 170 main.

Then yesterday I took it for a ride again with a 178 main jet and it still ran the same and really hot.

I also noticed that under hard braking or going up hills as soon as I let off the throttle it stalls out.

I am thinking of raising the needle again and see what that does.

Can somebody give me any suggestions? And I want knowledgable replies only please.

Note: That when I said the air screw is a couple turns out, I said that becasue I dont know exactly how far out it is. Because I tuned the air screw while the bike was running and set it at the spot it ran the best.

Thanks, Norm

07-25-2002, 12:40 PM
well, heres my best suggjestiion, are u runnin race gas, and for the main jet, put it up to 180, and it will bog, go down till it stops boggin, and u should be close, try that in the mid too.

some gas has additives that make it burn white or clean, so that could be the prob.

400exRacerX
07-25-2002, 12:45 PM
I'm running VP c12

07-25-2002, 01:11 PM
thats mabe why, race burns really clean, no fould plugs, so it looks really lean, but it actually aint, that could be the prob norm.

400exRacerX
07-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Heres the plug,

It actually looks darker than that in person but its tough to get a good pic of it.

phatswinn
07-25-2002, 02:57 PM
it should be fine then, thats the color you want, but go up in the main jet till it bogs then go down untill it stops boggin