PDA

View Full Version : How to remove plastic body panel rivets

mc1984
03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
I want to pull the body work off my KFZ400. I was wondering what is the best way to do this. Do I have to pop out all the plastic rivets? Or can I pull it off with more than 1 section intact? How do I get those plastic rivets out? I am afraid to pry on them with a screw driver. Thanks in advance!

YFZ450Ridr
03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
just push the centers of them in with a screw driver and then they should come off really easy. thier way better than the honda plastic clips because you can reuse them.

s281sc
03-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Taking off you're plastics is pretty simple just pop the middle of the rivet down and they come right out thats all there is too it... as far as everything else ( I havent done this in a while) I believe you have to take the two bolts that hold the headlight out, undo the clip on the back of the light, disconnect the battery, just all the obvious stuff.... I hope this helps ya out, oh and if ya do happen to loose one of the plastic rivets.. big zip tys always make a good replacment

z400roosteR
03-21-2006, 09:51 AM
just place your two fingers on the outside of the rivot(outside of the center on the rim) and pop out the bottom with your finger...Easy!

mc1984
03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys! Youre right they are easy. I thought they had to pry out. I was able to take off the whole front end in one piece

exrider23
03-23-2006, 05:11 AM
You can re-use the honds clips too...i take my plastic on and off all the time and have no trouble usin the honda clips again..

03-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by exrider23
You can re-use the honds clips too...i take my plastic on and off all the time and have no trouble usin the honda clips again..

what he said...mine come off after every ride...still have the originals in