PDA

View Full Version : Yz125 ?

Jake250ex
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I let my friend ride my bike and of course he got it on the road and topped it out. He gave it back to me and it wouldnt idle. After a few minutes it just completely stopped running.

Anyway, I went to look up a new top end for it. Im sure thats what it needs. year 1999 wiseco only makes a standard bore size for it, and it says the sleeve is ceramic composite coated and re sleeving is required for overbores.

So do I order the standard piston, because the rings and piston wore out or do I need a new sleeve?

416exfreak
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
uh dude...............your friends such a lame ***, make him fix it........mx bikes are for mx, not topping out..............he burnt the top end up, what a ****in retard.....................whoop his ***

Blue250X
03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
uh dude...............your friends such a lame ***, make him fix it........mx bikes are for mx, not topping out..............he burnt the top end up, what a ****in retard.....................whoop his ***

03-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Ive toped my cr out so many times for a road straight, you just have to be on and off the throttle take pratice, but ya i blew it up once from that.

Blue250X
03-20-2006, 06:31 PM
yea, my buddy has a 1990 YZ125 adn him and my other freind rode about a half mile down teh road topped out, just on and off teh throttle. so far they didnt blow the engines:devil:

Jake250ex
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
ok... so can anyone answer my question?

you have to rev the ****balls out of 125's anyway, I told him he could do it and 125's need rebuilt every time you look at them anyway... Im not mad about it I just thought Id give a little background

MotoX3
03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
From my understanding...you think you blew the top end and want to know if you need a whole new sleeve or just a piston and rings....I'd say since it just wouldn't idle and then quit it didn't seize...so it might not have done damage to your cylinder...but you'll need to take it apart, inspect the cylinder and go from there.:cool: