PDA

View Full Version : K&n power kit

02400ex#21
07-25-2002, 10:30 AM
I have recently purchased a new 400ex.I was wondering what my first engine mod should be? I was thinking on a K&N power kit. Is this a good choice? Or what do you guys think i should do first?
-Thanks-

TheChknhwk
07-25-2002, 11:26 AM
I think it was a good investment...it was my first mod & honestly I noticed more of a difference going from stock to the K&N power up kit than I did going from the quad w/the K&N kit to the quad w/the kit & a WB slipon. Does that make sense? What I'm saying is if I were to choose between a pipe & this kit, I would choose the kit...although it all works well together. I'm sure someone will tell me I'm jetted wrong or something...blah, blah, blah, carries on.....

Hope this helps ~ Hawk

07-25-2002, 11:40 AM
I would buy a K&N air filter and the jets separete to save money

TheChknhwk
07-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Advantage of the kit, is that it comes w/the prefilter, cleaner & oil for the K&N, but you probably could get the jets cheaper seperately... They send a bunch of smaller sizes that you probably won't need being that you're so close to sea level like me (I'm in MI, you're in Ontario). I would not buy stock Kehnin jets though; in my opinion the Dynojets are much better. You might want their needle jet, 160, 165 & 170 main jet which would cover you if you take off your airbox lid & get a pipe in the future.

Hawk

Doibugu2
07-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Do you get any pilot jets with the kit? I just ordered mine and it should be here Monday. But I was planning on taking the choke off, so I will have to bump up that jet. Does it come with the kit, or do I just go to the dealer?

Thanks

02400ex#21
07-25-2002, 01:13 PM
thanks for all your help. Im not sure if it comes with the pilot jets or not. I mainly want the kit because it has everything that you need.i do plan on getting a pipe later on but i think i am going to run with an air box lid.

TheChknhwk
07-25-2002, 01:14 PM
I honestly do not recall because I did not change my pilot; I can try to remember to check or perhaps someone else can help you... Other than that I'm sure your dealer would have a pilot jet available

Hawk

Tom Lynn
07-26-2002, 03:51 PM
Good investment!!!!!

300exryder
07-28-2002, 06:38 AM
I didnt get any pilot jets with my K+N power kit. But I only used one of the 14 (yes i got 14) main jets they sent!!

07-29-2002, 07:16 AM
I would just buy the jets and use the stock air filter. If you ride in places with a lot of dust or sand the k&n filter won't stop it all from coming in. In other words the stock air filter will make your engine last longer.