PDA

View Full Version : '84 Xr200

stalefish_132
03-20-2006, 02:35 PM
ok i have this old beater XR and i've been trying to get it running for quite a while, it has good spark and good compression. what it doesn't get is gas! all the jets are clean and yes it has gas in the tank. it will run for a little bit when you pour a bit of gas into the carb but will die soon after. the carb is all clean the gas line flows fine. i little while i did get it to idle but if you tryed to give it any gas it would just die and it was runnnig lean, the needle clip is set at the richest and it ran a couple years ago! it's buggine the heck of of me:mad: any idea's? i'm thinking i'll order a carb rebuild kit of it.

thanks

Jordan

4TraxRider
03-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Pull your float bowl off and use your fingers to move the floats up and down to see if the needle valve lets gas out or not. Thats the last place gas goes through before entering the main jet.

stalefish_132
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
ok and update, i got it running (barely). it will idle (a very high idle) and will kinda rev up a bit but sometime just bogs down. with half choke it runs great (still can't get it to idle slower) i took it for a ride just up and down the yard and it runns pretty stupid but its a start and i'll get a carb rebuild kit for it but at least it runs.:eek2: