PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Camera's

Scott-300ex
03-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Alright I was watchin ATV SPORT TELEVISION, and they had a segment on Helmet cams. I caught it at the last second and didn't get to see prices or where to get them from. So I'm sure one of you guys saw it, could you fill me in cuz I'd love to get one.

OutCast
03-20-2006, 11:42 AM
there are plenty more out there, just do a helmet cam search on google. :)

http://www.bulletcam.com/helmet_Cams_products.htm

urb'nyouthfilms
03-20-2006, 03:51 PM
vio sport makes some nice helmet cams

kssandduner
03-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I got my helmet cam from Oregon Scientific. I paid $100 for it, and than bought a 1g memory card for it. I was all excited about using it a couple weeks ago at the dunes, but when I got it out there I found it would only record for like 3 min and than it would shut off. But with the internal memory it would record till it was full. The instructions said it could support a 1 gig card. I sent an email to the company, but haven't got a reply yet. It only records at 15 fps, which kinda sux. I wouldn't reccomend buying one from them.

Joe

Scott-300ex
03-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks Joe

And yeh, I want a cheap one that will record like 6 hours. LoL

Scott-300ex
03-22-2006, 02:08 PM
OutCast, those look pretty cool, they seem real good and like they work too, they got Video clips on the site from them too, you guys might want to watch them if your bored.

$159, I'll have to give them a call and ask them a few questions.

Thanks again guys.

zeppelin
03-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Thanks Joe

And yeh, I want a cheap one that will record like 6 hours. LoL
usualy it is just an atachment for a regular video camera that you put in your back pack, or you hook it up to your camera wirelessly. i have seen people hook web cams up to their video cameras and they work just as good as the real helmet cams only alot cheaper.

Scott-300ex
03-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeh I just read on that website wut you just said, you gotta have the helmet cam on the helmet, then the video camera on you too, that blows.

honduh440
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
i got the samsung one it was like 5 or 6 hundred bux but it has a digital recorder too not just the helmet cam.

KRMit
05-08-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm in the market for one too. I'd like to record some racing but I really don't want a camera that has to attach to my video camera. That thing's expensive and I tend to wreck. Are there any kits that aren't terribly expensive and either take memory sticks or communicate over a wireless signal? The Tony Hawk cam takes memory sticks and seems to be just what I'm looking for, only in a little better quality.

Am I just dreaming?

Scott-300ex
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
5 or 6 hundred bucks for a helmet cam and the recorder?

Cuz I want a helmet cam and wutever it takes to make like 1 hour of recording at least.

How long does yours last?

I'll prolly go to best buy and ask for a small one that holds an hour, I guess if you get a good memory card it will hold longer?