PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME PLEASE!!!! look inside

xcracer416
03-20-2006, 10:51 AM
well i posted about the middle of january about my motor craping out with me. it was bored to a 260 with a wiesco piston stock crank and head. the cylinder was mx ported. the jetting then was a 170 main, needle clip at the top position, 93 octane with 40:1 spectro premix

ok now for my issue. i put a new wiseco crank and rod, la sleeve put a new stock bore sleeve and had it port matched, new wiseco piston, wrist pin bearing, ect... now when i accelerate and start going through the gears it wants to cut out about mid ways through the power band right before it starts to pull on top end, and sixth gear is a joke it cuts out the whole time its trying to pull the gear.

some one told me that my carb was to big, (stock carb has been bored), i have a 165 main jet, needle clip is one notch from the top groove, 93 octane with 40:1 spectro premix. plug color is a perfect dark tan

has anyone had a problem like this? i have a race this weekend and i am dumbfounded one what to try next.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Hoppedrap
03-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Drop the clip to the third or fourth and retry

xcracer416
03-20-2006, 11:38 AM
ok i will do tonight when i get off of work

fireburns99
03-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Try gapping your plug smaller. I had a similiar problem and this fixed my problem. You may have a bad connection in your electrical system, giving you a weak spark. Just a thought though.