PDA

View Full Version : SW NY or NW PA???

panteramatt
03-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I just bought some property in NY in Allegany County and am looking for some nice riding areas either in sothwestern NY or norwestern Pa. Can anyone help me out?

panteramatt
03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Anybody out there???????????????:ermm:

bardeenm1
03-24-2006, 12:38 PM
look up trailpass.com they along with NYTRO have a riding area in Cuba NY should be to far. also a good site for PA riding is http://www.paatving.com/

panteramatt
03-27-2006, 05:37 AM
anyone else?

4TraxRider
03-27-2006, 03:56 PM
I live out in monticello NY. Bout 2 hrs north of the city. We got alot of trails around here and we go to a lot of places to ride almost every weekend. Let me know if you ever want to hook up and ride.

panteramatt
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a plan 4trax. Kinda funny cause you got the same 3 quads as I do.

jakslap
04-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I ride the snowmobile trails in/near Wellsville. I heard that you could get a ticket, though. There was an atv association in scio, but they're no longer active.

Have you been on the Cuba trail yet? I've never been there, but might head out there this weekend. Planning on Copper Ridge on 4/22, too.

Where have you been in Allegany County?

panteramatt
04-04-2006, 05:10 PM
No wheres yet. Im from NJ but just bought some property with a cabin in Bolivar NY. Just lookin for some places to ride up there so I can bring my quads.

jakslap
04-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, there should be a lot of places out there. You know about Cuba, which is 15 minutes from there, and the place in Olean. It seems like there are more quads in Bolivar than cars.

There are trail heads all over the place and if you hook up with an experienced rider from there, I bet you'd be amazed. The county is laced with logging trails, too. If you want a couple of trail head locations in Wellsville, let me know.

Have a beer at The Bolivar Hotel and talk to a few of the locals!

panteramatt
04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Awesome. I dont even know aboyut the area cause Ive only been there for a day. Im going up the first weekend of May to add on to my cabin and I plan on really checking th eplace out. It is very beautiful around there and great hunting and fishing.:D

jakslap
04-08-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm going down to Cuba tomorrow to ride the Trailpass trail. It looks great from the online maps and the description.

http://northeast.trailpass.com/maps/map_cuba.pdf

I'll let you know how it is!

jakslap
04-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Check out the attached map. The "x" marks where the trails are in Cuba--you are very close. Just a few miles away through the hills. Looks like you'd take Salt Rising Road...

panteramatt
04-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanx jakslap, keep me updated.

panteramatt
04-11-2006, 04:12 AM
so did you go?

jakslap
04-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I went and it was great. There were jumps everywhere, and a few that surprised me. My first time around, I shot around a turn, opened it up, and there was a jump in front of me that I didn't see. Luckily I landed okay. Overall, it was a great rush, mostly because of the jumps. Plenty of places to get top-end, too. I was worn out after an hour, but rode for two.

It's 13 to 14 miles from downtown Bolivar (Corner of Main/Wellsville St). Take Salt rising rd to Obi rd and make a right. Then, make a left on rt 305, and then a right on wolf creek rd. It's between 2900 and 3000 wolf creek--look for a green cabin and you'll see a yellow gate on each side of the road. Send me your e-mail address and I'll attach a map--it was too big to upload. Oh, it's a trailpass trail, but nobody looked at my pass.

I plan to go back next Monday and Wednesday. I'll try to remember to take my camera and upload some pics.

panteramatt
04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
panteramatt@hotmail.com

Thanx alot I appretiate it. Can you please sned the directions in the e-mail too so I can have everything right there.Please sne dsome pics that would be good.

jakslap
04-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey, panteramat,

Went to Majestic Trails on MOnday. Easily the best trail I've ever been to. There's an MX track, jumps everywhere, and good, one-way trails.

My case is cracked from a busted chain. Got a weld on it, but it's still leaking a little. Just a drizzle after a long ride. Still able to ride, but I've got a winter project. Know where I can get the left half of a case and left case cover? I'm trolling on e-bay and I"m going to see if anyone on this site has anything.

Took some pics in Cuba and just one of Majestic. I'll e-mail 'em...

panteramatt
04-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Cool, Ill be looking for those pics. Ill be up there to work on the cabin next weekend.

panteramatt
05-02-2006, 04:17 AM
Well Ihad a great weekend up there and there were tons of atv's riding around there. Didnt get a chance to talk to the locals besides my neighbor and he said you cant ride the snowmobile trails which sucks cause they go on for MILES!

jakslap
05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, man, there are a lot of riders out there. I bet once you start digging a little you'll find a gold mine out there. It's been a couple of weeks for me--I'm chompin at the bit to get back out there.

I'll hit Majestic Trails again in two weeks and take my camera on the trail this time. Take a few shots of the MX track... :D

panteramatt
05-03-2006, 04:05 AM
That would be great. Looking forward to seeing them. Ill probally be up there at the end of june.

dirtybird1
05-06-2006, 08:27 AM
I am heading up to Majestic Trails tomorrow morning with my buddies, I am also from Rochester. I was wondering how the trails and track are. I havent heard much about the place other than what I saw on their website.

panteramatt
05-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Cool dirtybird take some pics and leave some details.

panteramatt
07-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Anybody else wanna help me out?

jakslap
08-03-2006, 10:44 AM
There is a dice run in olean on august 26 at Copper Ridge. You should be able to hook up with some locals or semi-locals.

http://www.copperridgetrails.com/

panteramatt
08-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Figures, Im going up to my cabin the week before.

Crazy Diamond
09-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Hello! Where are ya panteramatt???

panteramatt
11-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone know about riding the snomobile trails during summer?