PDA

View Full Version : confused

1fst400
03-20-2006, 10:25 AM
I need help. I just got done doing a 100% total rebuild on my quad. every part from the bumper to the crankshaft was looked over/replaced.

Previously I had a dirtbike kill switch for a starter button, and a pro design teather. Worked fine no problems.

Got the bike together a cupple days ago, wont start in gear.:confused: put it in nutral and it starts. When in gear it will not turn over, or do anything.

My thots are there is some Nutral indication sensor. I tried un hooking the nutral sensor coming off the motor, No luck.

Then I relized the teather does the same thing. It will not kill the motor unless it is in Nutral. When it is in gear it will Not kill the motor, Put it in nutral, kills the motor in an instant.

:confused: :confused:

Teather - stands for the ground side of the teather, ( side with the exposed metal disk)

Teather + stands for the side of the teather where U put the clip.

Starter + stands for the wire coming from the dirtbike kill switch ( my starter buton) which is a black wire with a white line.

starter - stands for the other wire that goes to the starter buton ( dirtbike kill)

PismoLocal
03-20-2006, 10:49 AM
My 400ex is the same way. I destroyed the little black box on the handle bars last fall at the track so i wired an automotive switch to start my quad and long story short i just have to shift it into nuetral to start it. its not that big of a deal is it. How often do you stall your quad ne ways?

hondamanex400
03-20-2006, 01:19 PM
when i got my 400, it had a yellow and green wire's hanging down by starter button. if these wires arent touching, it will only start in neutral. but if these wires are together, it will start in any gear. on the back of the factory switch box, there are 2 male ends that these wires are soposed to attatch too. but i just leave them exposed, and connected.

jak1389
03-20-2006, 02:22 PM
i am pretty sure the green wire is ground, since most wires now aday that are green are the grounds.