PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Ill

dg95
03-20-2006, 09:02 AM
I want to race at the walnut illinois race but am not sure if i would be competative, i'm front of the pack B rider here at my home track but am not that experienced with large jumps (+60 feet) what class would i be competative in? i was considering racing stock class, 4 stroke c, and production C are all the riders above me or should i race in the b class? Any help from riders at the nationals would be helpful

quaddy87
03-21-2006, 10:30 AM
if you are not that comfortable on ur quad i would definately race those classes...b class at nationals are very competitive.

04-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Walnut is definetly a high speed track with bigger jumps.

Has anyone been to the track since it has opened this season. Is it much differant than last year's track?

laeger2fiddyr
04-04-2006, 11:27 AM
my friend and i went down to break in are new trx's a couple weeks back and it was the same as late last fall when we went down. i dont know how it was when you were there, but i heard they were going to change some things.

tuefelhunden
04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I spoke with Bob 2 weeks ago and he said he was making some changes. He sounded pretty excited about getting the National and I hope he takes is serious and gets a good schedule set for track prep and maintenance. He was going to be working on it with his son and he sounded like he was removing the whoops and putting in a step-on-off section. I would reccomend bringing a bicycle, 4x4 or Rhino cause the pits are down in a valley across the treeline from the track. It will be a haul to keep walking it all weekend. The pro pits will be right near the track though.

FHKracingZ
05-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Removing the whoops? Walnut dosnt have whoops bro.

laeger2fiddyr
05-15-2006, 05:40 AM
calm down zach, they do have whoops, they're right after the step-up, there is only a couple of them though.

FHKracingZ
05-15-2006, 06:40 AM
Lol, i didnt think they were whoops. just 3 little doubles.

quaddy87
05-15-2006, 08:00 AM
yea settle down there killer..haha:D ,---squirrel

05-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Has anyone been to the track yet? I do not come home until next Sunday and have not rode at all so am dying to hear if it is changed or the same. If changed how are the new jumps?

LT80
05-16-2006, 07:22 PM
dg95:: If you race in the B class at home, you are supposed to run the B class at the nationals.
Be a honest B rider or a C class sandbagger.
Those are your options! :)

robbins
05-17-2006, 09:07 PM
amen brother.

gimp419
05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Does anybody have any pics of the track? I'd love it if it were a big air track, most the GNC tracks have tamed down and don't offer the big jumps anymore.

trost66
06-20-2006, 09:21 PM
If you go to http://www.sunsetridgemx.com/. They have a updated picture of the track. They had a youth national there 2 weeks ago. I think they took a pic of the track before the race. Looks pretty good.

dg26
07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
well i'm sure that the b class here locally is not what the b class at the nationals is like we have raptor 350's and such running in that class. but anyways i have now moved up to A locally and usually come home with some cash. but i race with a guy whose name is dustin kuehl and he is just a tad bit faster than i am he races A locally and races nationals b class and doesn't win there either so calling me a sandbagger isn't really right plus this is only my second year racing and i ride a relativly stock quad