PDA

View Full Version : The big boy does GREAT again

dirtmomma
03-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Well DJ did his 1st clay FT on the 450 this past weekend & did GREAT :D
He ran 2 classes since his brother didn't run(broke bike) he ran the open 4 stroke, & open quad, we were going to have him do his PRO debut but decided to wait till his is officially 16 even though they didn't have an age requirement!!
It was a wierd night for us, we got him a new swaybar so there was ALOT of tuning to do to it & one of the racers out there helped him ALOT he would watch DJ's class then come tell him what to do A BIG THANKS TO HIM :D by the end of the night it was getting better & better!!
In the 4 stroke open class(I think :o) he went out & took 1st in the heat & MAIN :D:D:D before the race a local racer girl asked him what class he was running & when he told her she said" hope I don't run you over" :huh DJ shrugged it off well he obviously DIDN'T get run over LMAO that's carma right there!!!!
In his open quad class he also ran against her, he took 2nd due to he high sided bad & had to get out of the throttle & she got around him but he pushed her all the way to the finish :)
He had made a bump pass on her(clean) & her Daddy came up to DJ & said "Well now she knows you want to bump look out" WTH why do people have to do that?????????? They tried to intimitate him but it didn't work :D:D:D:D:devil: :devil: :macho :macho He rode DAYUMMMM good & I'm very proud of him for not talking out the side of his neck like ALOT of racers do that is one nice thing about him he doesn't talk crap & keeps a level head he NEVER gets pissy if he doesn't win & always gives it all he has WAY TO BE SON!!!!!!!!!
I wish I had some pics but I don't :( I did get vid but we all know I can't put it online LOL :o

We had NEVER had so many people looking @ our quad before YES our swaybar was on backwards LOL due to it woudln't clear the rezzies the other way but it still worked!! Everyone was really seemed to be wondering what his set up was dont' know why :devil: :devil: It ws pretty funny!!

metalmellinium
03-22-2006, 07:19 PM
ya he did awesome for his first time on clay. how long is the movie? you can upload it to youtube.com and post it here, like we did with our practice vids. what tire pressure was he running? looked like the left rear was wanting to come off the ground. i should let him take out mine next time we are down there and see if he likes that set up. are you guys going to make it down for the next practice and race?

dirtmomma
03-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes we will be there for the next race :) If it's a TT I will be racing but I think it's just FT as for practice not sure on that it just depends on my work schedule & the timing!!
As for tire pressure he was running 13 in the rears :eek2: & the fronts he thinks it was 10 all I know is them babies were CORKED more than I'd ever seen them LOL he switched his front ones for that race & ended up liking them alot they worked out good I guess. He's sitting here reading this & says he wouldn't mind trying your bike out :) I told him he can like it all he wants but he can't afford that LOL:blah:
Well we'll see you @ the next one, how come you don't run the TT's?? He runs em & loves em!!

metalmellinium
03-22-2006, 07:52 PM
haha yeah i dont mind him trying it out. we were going to run some TT races, but i was having some problems with my motor, and had to ship it off to my motor builder. seems like everytime we wanted to race, something would happen to it. i want to try out the TT at hannegan, that looks like some fun! next time you should try 7 psi in the right and 6 in the left. 13 seems like alot. i run 8 and 7 about half way thru my last race, i was sliding all over the place because i gained 2 psi, felt like i was on ice hahah.

QuadJunkies
03-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Girl... When are ya EVER going to shoot some SWEET pics??!!! :huh :blah: :D
Us riders in Idaho riders might like to see some once in awhile ya know!!! lol
ITs tough taking pics and racing and trying to be supportive of the fam racing, but if I didnt, the ole man and kids would give me a hard time about it ! :p

Nice job!:macho

dirtmomma
03-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Girl... When are ya EVER going to shoot some SWEET pics??!!! :huh :blah: :D
Us riders in Idaho riders might like to see some once in awhile ya know!!! lol
ITs tough taking pics and racing and trying to be supportive of the fam racing, but if I didnt, the ole man and kids would give me a hard time about it ! :p

Nice job!:macho

:o:o I know I know :rolleyes: I was going to buy some from the pic people but they weren't there that night :( Ahhh maybe I'll try to upload it on the site mentioned above :) I will let everyone know haha if I EVER get it accomplished ;)