PDA

View Full Version : HElP, LOST ALL POWER 250X!!

studbacker56
03-20-2006, 07:36 AM
i was riding saturday and was really low on gas (on reserve) and was getting on it and then all the suddel lost power like it was running out of gas. filled it up and didnt fix the problem. i cant hit rev limiter it wont rev and its really slow throttle response. it sounds like the choke is on when you rev it or are riding it. i hate to say it i was running really rich. it had a 140 main jet and 42 pilot jet in it. im 1000 feet above sea level in ohio, MODS IN SIG. i took the carb apart and cleaned it and didnt find anything wrong there. could it be ignition coil or burnt piston. it starts up real quick. any sugestions????

Trevor
03-20-2006, 09:19 AM
sound's like she drank some crap outof the bottom of your gas tank. I think there is a carb clean in the future for you!

bwamos
03-20-2006, 09:25 AM
It's carb related whatever it is.

It also sounds like your main jet may have worked its way out and fell into the bowl. ;)

Or, you had water built up in the reserve area of the tank.. and filled your float bowl up with water. Refilling the tank wont fix it. You need to drain the bowl out.

studbacker56
03-20-2006, 10:34 AM
i have taken the carb off and cleaned everything that was in the bowl and everything looked fine, no dirt or anything. the only thing worng was the wrong jet was in there, a 140 but i have been runnin it like that all winter. i didnt clean out the top part where the needle clip or anything is. but it all back togeather and still the same problem. what gets me is it starts on the first kick cold or hot. i dunno???

bradrenea
03-20-2006, 10:39 AM
The clip could have come off the needle. I've had it happen before.
Also, there should be a screen on the petcock (its acually inside the tank), it could have got clogged with debri when you ran it low in gas.

studbacker56
03-20-2006, 11:44 AM
thanks i will check the screen and the clip. the problem is all the little screws that hold the cover on to get to the clip are stripped. what a pain in the *****. the needle still moves with the barrel, can it still move if the clip comes off?? is there any posability i burnt up the piston or valves. it doesent smoke any more than the normal blue on start up, and it starts really easy. thanks guys, jake

bradrenea
03-20-2006, 01:32 PM
If the needle moves with the slide then that's probably not the problem.
Exactly how did not clean the carb? Did you just clean the stuff out of the bowl, or did you remove all of the jets and blow out all of the passages with carb cleaner or an air hose? If not, you need to try that and make sure you clean out the needle and seat as well. Also clean out the screen in the tank.

studbacker56
03-21-2006, 06:59 AM
well i took the bowl off and did not find and debris of any sort so i removed all the jets and spacers and sprayed it all down with carb cleaner, it all looked clean as could be. so if it is not the screen in the tank im lost. i might just put a 400 carb on it and see if that fixes it because i have been wanting to do that some time now. wnybody know what jets to use for a 400 carb with my mods. im 1000 feet above sea level? thanks jake.