PDA

View Full Version : Boot question

tazman7
03-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I went out the other day and got a new pair of boots. They are the MSR MXT boots. I have wore them for two day days of riding so far and they have broken in a little but the little bone on the side of my ankle is killing me. It seems like there is alot of pressure from the boot rubbing on it. So I think that I might try to take them back and get a new pair. They still look new and I didnt get them to dirty.

Or should I wait it out until they get broken in a little more?

I want a boot that fits more like a tennis shoe---I know the Alpinestar Tech-6's and the Gearne SG-10 and SG-1's are good so I think thats what I might go with....

Plus these boots are size 12 (same as my shoe size) and the feel like they are enormous-

03-19-2006, 09:50 PM
I would highly reccomend the SG-10's or Tech 10's. They're both pretty wide in the ankle area.

jeepnrocks
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
definitely got to look at how the boot is made. I have huge ankles from having them broke a few times and sometimes its tuff to even find comfy shoes

Ralph
03-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I had the same problem, size 12 shoes but the boots feel enormous. I just dealt with it but I'm thinking about buying some new boots in the future.

tazman7
03-20-2006, 06:27 AM
Well I have skinny feet and skinny legs but its just that little bone that sticks out of my ankle that is the killer.

Should I keep wearing these and hope that they brake in more or go buy new? They seem to be pretty decent boots with alot of support.

I was thinking about getting some carpet padding and cutting a donut out of it, putting that over my ankle bone, then put another pair of socks over that so it stays. Thats what I had to do with my hockey skates...I just dont want to keep wearing these things if they arnt going to brake in.