PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about switching, need some advice.

j_cyrus3
03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Well, the past few times I have been in the woods, I haven't been doing so swift. So im thinking of switching to motorcross. I have +1 Herrman A Arms with the shocks redone be Derisi, and a +1.25 Herrman swinger. Will this setup work for a while in motorcross until I am completely decided? Or is there gonna be alot im gonna have to change? If I need to add anymore info let me know, I need to know something within the next week or so.

CFRacer03
03-20-2006, 11:00 AM
that setup would work fine, but if you really want to get into it I would recommend some wider arms. just try it, if you like it enough, sell what you got and buy some new ones. oh, and the swinger is fine. gonna need to run different tires than you were probably runnin in the woods too

440bigborekit
03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
you will like it just buy a set of used +2 arms and have both and tires and your be all set oo and if you dont have them get nerfs and a kill switch and you got your self a mx quad and take off the xc bumper if its realy heavey and thats it

j_cyrus3
03-20-2006, 09:34 PM
i have a pro design kill switch, and ac nerfs. it's decked for woods racing pretty much, i'd like to keep all my stuff for xc if i could, that way if i want to go back i can. i just bent a tie rod this weekend, and flattened a front tire and maybe some other stuff, i have been so pi$$ed i don't even want to look it over to see if its missing anything or messed up. I will check it out in a day or two, i just gotta get over what happened. any others want to give some advice?

j_cyrus3
03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
bump..160 views and 2 people reply? come on, someone else got to have some more advice for me?

400excracer
03-22-2006, 02:27 PM
OK. Keep racing XC. lol

Rob Dob
03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I agree with 400exracer, keep racing XC. No matter what you do, you're going to break things and yes it is expensive, but hey that's part of the sport.