PDA

View Full Version : new PICS! (mods)

450Racer
03-19-2006, 08:46 PM
hey guys. tell me what you think of the front cut fenders.

so far: Rath bumper, grab bar, nerfs, footpegs, heelguards, hipers, BTK radial tires, cherry bomb, 116 turboblue.

feedback please!

03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Looks great. Now tell us how it feels at the MX track???

coryatver
03-19-2006, 08:50 PM
looks good. How are those tires?

450Racer
03-19-2006, 09:04 PM
i'm 125 pounds, the suspension SUCKS. however, the motor is 110% perfection. seriously, peak hp is the rev limiter. i was shifting after it was rev limiter. it's sooo smooth. you can just click the gears away, it's so nice. the handling is excellent. it doens't like to be setup for a corner. more driving through. just use the front brakes, lean and just get the tires spinning to pull you through it. the steering is great. i cannot get over how perfect the footpeg, seat, bar placement is. sitting on a stock 450r is like sitting on a damn utility compared to this. the seat sits you up and over the front of the bike for an agressive stance while the footpegs allow you to be on the ball of your feet and the bars are close so you can lean over.

the seat....i ate doghnuts and ice cream all winter. never rode since august. i can barely bench my own weight (125). i didn't get arm pump the whole first moto and just started the last lap after battlling for 3rd. on the honda, when you get on the gas, it rips at your arms and your butt slides off the seat. this, your but sits in the groove and your arms are completely bent as it accelerates. leaving little arm pump. this is the best feature of the bike, the seat. i have a quad tech seat cover. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED. i love this thing. my fox shocks are about 2-3 weeks now. bolt them up (standard travel) and this will be faster than 4/5 of the full built bikes out there handling wise, then it'll be 2-3 more hp with a full system, and that's all you need. i ride B (front pack). for an A rider, an exhaust is all you need. for a pro, a piston/cam and that's it i think. i'm sure they do more but i love the thing.

Cory, the tires are extremely predictable, unlike the holeshots. they hook up perfect as soon as you get your butt back on the seat accelerating out of corners. it takes some getting used to with the butt/seat position for cornering. i'm used to manhandling my honda through the corners and using strength. this just uses technique, saves much energy. i highly recomend them. they last 2-3 longer than holeshots also. very nice tires. they pefect for loamy tracks. hard packed, eh, they're good but you have to be on the back of the seat. i'm 125 pounds though. im sure it's different for a 180 pound rider.

by accident i started in A class...

03-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Keep an eye on the fuel system O-rings runnin race gas. Glad to hear your happy with the quad.

alberndt
03-20-2006, 06:26 AM
I think that seat is just as fugly as the z-400. I'd rather have the traditional style. I hope honda builds something that blows this away.

jason14x
03-20-2006, 06:43 AM
The seat may be ugly but it works!!! It give you much more area to protect your rear end and is much more comfortable than a regular seat! I dont expect to see honda do much on the 450R until at least 2008 they basically did a complete redesign this year so by then all the kinks should be completely out of the Quadracer . Pics look good 450R I think if you weighed a bit more youd be all set basically what im hearing is out of the box the suspension is set for a 200-210 pound ride.....back off the preload completely and try playing with the compression and rebound! Good luck

Jason

rh250r
03-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Nice. You got any more pics of the front cut fenders?

Ripitupfilms
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
where you riding at .. what track is that...

sick quad

450Racer
03-20-2006, 08:10 PM
i dont' care how it looks, performance is key. my shocks are completely out the whole way, rebound 3/4 slow, compression compteetly soft, 0 rings preload. same in the rear. the rear shocks seems ok. the fronts are the problem. they need revalved/resprung, or thrown in the garbage can if you're 125 lbs. like me.

that track is PVR.

450Racer
03-20-2006, 08:11 PM
fenders

fastexgirl4c
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
ugh..so i guess with my 115lbs..i need a new rebuild for the shocks...

great pictures btw:)

AceLtz
03-21-2006, 04:11 PM
im 130 and they are too stiff for me. Thier still better than any other quads stock shocks. I was expecting a rebuild before i bought it. Some suspension upgrades are alwasy needed on stock parts for light people:ermm:

Quad Boy 660r
03-21-2006, 05:12 PM
First off, I love the quad. It's tight. I really like the blue rims on that thing.

I have an honest question, don't get pissed. Are you really supposed to run 116 octane in a stock cylinder?

Ripitupfilms
03-21-2006, 06:27 PM
i dalt it thats pretty high,,,, premium is fine but since hes racing vp red would probally be enough..

theTman
03-21-2006, 06:31 PM
insane

Kilabanshee
03-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Looking good Anthony! Soon as my quads done I'll be out on the track with you guys...

Later,

Brent

CdaleXtreme
03-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by alberndt
I think that seat is just as fugly as the z-400. I'd rather have the traditional style. I hope honda builds something that blows this away.

Thanks for the insight :huh......... I am very impressed with my LTR, cant wait to get shocks on it! It blows away my old walsh 450R in the handling department.

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006atvamxracing04echeconnee/pages/KE2F1050.html

dunrite310
03-23-2006, 10:02 PM
heres mine

tido450
03-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
i dont' care how it looks, performance is key. my shocks are completely out the whole way, rebound 3/4 slow, compression compteetly soft, 0 rings preload. same in the rear. the rear shocks seems ok. the fronts are the problem. they need revalved/resprung, or thrown in the garbage can if you're 125 lbs. like me.

that track is PVR.

how was pleasure valley that day? i woulda been there but im waiting on my f'n shocks. i may see you around ill be on a white/blue yfz #9

TheJeSter1340
03-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Dunrite, how do you like the fit of the raths? I am thinking about a set, but don't think I will spring for the heal nets.

450Racer
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM
they fit awesome and the net heelguard is way better than aluminum or stainless steel by far. they don't get caked with mud and it allows you to customize how far the heel of your boot can move. my actually stood on the tubing of my ac heelguards cause they were too far up. these are awesome. the best setup by far i've ever run. you can get them through Cernic's on E-Bay in aluminum finish or the gloss powdercoat.