PDA

View Full Version : Dunefest 2002

ThorChick
07-25-2002, 01:49 AM
I don't know how many members here are from Oregon, or even Washington, Idaho and the surrounding states, but I just kinda wanted to ge everyone else's opinion on Dunefest this year.

My boyfriend, our friends, myself, and my family have been planning all year to attend Dunefest, from August 1st through the 4th. I went a few years ago with friends and had a blast (gotta love 4 days of partying and riding ) and my boyfriend went last year with some of his friends. Although we'd really like to attend Dunefest this year, we have decided to boycott it. The fees are INSANE!! Its $60 to camp out on the sand and even with the high $$$ amount there are limited passes. Entry into any events for a single person are $25 and I don't even want to know how much it is to register for any events.

Among the cost for permits, entry fees, and registration fees also comes the cost of gas, food, and beer. Is it really worth it? I really don't think so. So instead we'll be spending those 4 beautifl days at Florence, where its only $15 for a weekend pass and we can hold our own drag racing events. No fees necessary!! Anyone interested is more than welcome to join us. Let's hold our own mini-Dunefest at Florence and save some money!!!

07-28-2002, 11:23 AM
hey me and a couple of my friends are heading down to the oregon dunes aug 2-4 also. we were going to go to dunefest until we found out about the fees. which is better to ride at coos bay or florence area? and can you get a weekend warrior (RV) back into the camping area? and i heard something about not being able to ride after 10pm is that true?

---------------------------------
86 250r ct 310 kit, delta v-force reeds, ct midrange pipe, 38mm pwk airstyker carb, uni filter
02 raptor, full yoshi pipe, uni filter

ThorChick
07-28-2002, 02:24 PM
I personally like Florence a lot better, just because I know the area a lot better than I do Coos Bay. The cool thing about Coos Bay is that there isn't a curfew, and Florence does have a 10 pm curfew every night. Not a lot of people follow it though.
Depending on what kind of truck you have to haul the Weekend Warrior, you should be able to make it out on the sand at Florence. I've seen lots of people do it.

07-28-2002, 04:35 PM
so are there going to be alot of people out there partying all night? ive been to glamis a few times and there we party from when we wake up till when we pass out. plus we ride while doing it. is that how it is in florence? are there rangers out giving tickets alot? are there sand drags at florence and is there some sort of a comp. hill?

ThorChick
07-29-2002, 06:08 PM
I'm hoping there will be a lot of people out there partying, but you never know with Dunesfest going o. I've also heard about a lot of people that are heading down to Horsefalls to ride, instead of Dunefest or Florence. We'll just have to see. ANd, yes, Florence does have a Competition Hill and usually there are sand drags.