PDA

View Full Version : Housers new A-arms

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 08:10 PM
I think Im in LOVE..... :devil:

http://www.houser-racing.com/sites_pages/PRODUCT_PAGES/HONDA/TRX450R_2006/images/slicast3.gif

Im calling on these tomorrow... I was wondering if anyone has them on a 06 405r yet and how you like them ?? I need to find out more info on how they work with Axis as well

I noticed that a few places arent making a +2+1 they are +2+0.. Why is that ??? It also says 04-05 I wonder if they will work with the 06??

Heres another link to see them... VERY NICE!!

http://www.houser-racing.com/sites_pages/PRODUCT_PAGES/HONDA/TRX450R_2004-05/TRX450R_Pg02b.htm

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Well with the newer spindle on the 06 those 04-05 arms won't work. But these http://www.houser-racing.com/sites_pages/PRODUCT_PAGES/HONDA/TRX450R_2006/TRX450R_Pg02b.htm the new 06 arms will! :)

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 08:19 PM
The MX arms for the 06 as well http://www.houser-racing.com/sites_pages/PRODUCT_PAGES/HONDA/TRX450R_2006/TRX450R_Pg02c.htm

houser does a lot of work with elka, might want to look into what they offer with them first

but also, im not sure if you know, but they are recalling all the slicast setups due to the fact that they were rubbing, causing you to lose your brakes, im not sure if they have fixed this or not? :confused:

if they have i love that setup 2, it would definently be the way 2 go if they have :macho

QuadJunkies
Thanks!any feedback on how they work for MX?? They will be used for WORCS ,FT and other applications as well :)

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
houser does a lot of work with elka, might want to look into what they offer with them first

but also, im not sure if you know, but they are recalling all the slicast setups due to the face that they were rubbing, causing you to lose your brakes, im not sure if they have fixed this or not? :confused:

if they have i love that setup 2, it would definently be the way 2 go if they have :macho thats good to know... We really want to try and dif. set of shocks this time around and Axis is what we want to go with or TCS-preferably Axis.

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thats good to know... We really want to try and dif. set of shocks this time around and Axis is what we want to go with or TCS-preferably Axis.

You won't be disappointed. I waited close to 2 months for mine. But in the end, they were most definitely worth it. What Axis are you looking at running?

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 08:34 PM
We wanted to call and talk to Axis first and talked to them about what would be the best, I would love to buy the Ti springs, but I think thats gonna be way over our budget :p How much more to add Ti springs?? We are getting front and rear and want the best avail.

Areyou running Axis??

JB is another possibility

Im down to
houser
JB
Epic

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 08:36 PM
I wont be able to wait 2 months though :eek2:

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 08:38 PM
We wanted to call and talk to Axis first and talked to them about what would be the best, I would love to buy the Ti springs, but I think thats gonna be way over our budget :p How much more to add Ti springs?? We are getting front and rear and want the best avail.

Areyou running Axis??

Yes I am! Ti piggyback fronts, and single rate compression adjust rear. The Ti option is very expensive, I'll be honest with ya, the fronts I want to say is a 2-300 option, and the rear spring alone is close to 400. Best available isnt going to be cheap thats for sure. I was quote for triple adjust front and rear with Ti springs was going to be around 3300. I have attached a picture of mine for reference.

How much are you looking to spend on all three shocks?

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 08:43 PM
GOOD LORD!!! :eek: 3300.00 bones is over budget for sure!:o

I think we was pricing all together front and rear set up(A-arms,swinger and both front and rear shock) somewhere around 4500.00-5000.00

we have looked and soooo much in the last week I got a migraine from it all :( LOL

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Yea I hear ya! JB makes a heck of a product. Craftmanship is top notch and fit like a glove. Well that 3300 is the top of the line. The compression/rebound adjust fronts are 1325, and the rear with compressio/rebound is 925. Which leaves you another 2250-2750 for other chasis components.

When it comes down to it. How much are you wanting to be able to adjust? For example do you really need rebound adj. in the front? Most run it without, others like the option. On my set up I chose to not have rebound on the rear but Ti springs on the front. I want to say for my shocks it was right around 2300 total.

I also have JB's swingarm and mx arms, and I love them, and with the Axis shock's it ride likes a dream. Eric over at Penske/Axis will be happy to answer any questions you may have. As I've said to others, all depends on how deep your pockets are. ;)

03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
what rear end and linkage are you using with that axis shock?

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
thats the set up we was looking at that you priced. I need to make sure that we dont overspend on things we dont really need so that we can have enough left over for all the other goodies I have to order next week as well. I cant believe how fast it all adds up!! :scary:

I have learend ALOT this week on shocks and A-arms though and not ALL Arms are meant to go with ALL shocks,sometimes they dont work hand in hand. I will need to find out tomorrow from Houser if Aixs does or not so I can move on to JB if need be .

We would like the triple rates , I do know that for sure. My Hubby will be racing it the most .
does the rear come in only Dual? they have different set ups than my Elka pkgs had to offer

A good linkage referral woud be good also.

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 08:57 PM
what rear end and linkage are you using with that axis shock?

JB +1 /14" Swingarm, and GT Thunder Linkage

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
JB +1 /14" Swingarm, and GT Thunder Linkage

ahhh.. Just talked to Laz on Friday
He was very helpful -always is . ;)

03-19-2006, 09:00 PM
thats the set up we was looking at that you priced. I need to make sure that we dont overspend on things we dont really need so that we can have enough left over for all the other goodies I have to order next week as well. I cant believe how fast it all adds up!! :scary:

I have learend ALOT this week on shocks and A-arms though and not ALL Arms are meant to go with ALL shocks,sometimes they dont work hand in hand. I will need to find out tomorrow from Houser if Aixs does or not so I can move on to JB if need be .

We would like the triple rates , I do know that for sure. My Hubby will be racing it the most .
does the rear come in only Dual? they have different set ups than my Elka pkgs had to offer

A good linkage referral woud be good also.

a single rear spring is actually better then a dual rate if you have the correct valving

same goes for a 2 spring front shock, or a 3 spring front that has a more active top spring with correct valving

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 09:01 PM

Good friend of mine runs Houser LT arms with Axis shocks and loves it. This is also true that not all shocks work as well as others with certain arms, but from experience Axis/Houser would be a good combo.

Yes it comes in other options. Usually if you are running a linkage, like GT Thunder's, Axis reccommends a single rate set up. But if you decide to do long travel rear end, such as Houser or JB, a dual rate long body shock would be the way to go.

In the rear i would definitely reccommend getting compression adjust no matter which set up you choose, but the rebound is an option you can live without. I personally don't run rebound adj. on my rear shock. Don't hesitate to talk to me on AIM with any other questions or on here.

jeepnrocks
03-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Mine are ordered but I think I have to wait on the next batch. THey had some clearance issues with some of the first ones i believe

ahhh.. Just talked to Laz on Friday
He was very helpful -always is . ;)

ya, hes a good guy :macho

fandl450r, what class do you race, and im guessing you do mx?

as for the rebound, we are the exact opposite, i run rebound adjust on the rear and not on the front, lol

QuadJunkies
I run adj. rear on my Elkas and like that feature..

Thanks for the offer, I might hit you up on that ;)

03-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
Mine are ordered but I think I have to wait on the next batch. THey had some clearance issues with some of the first ones i believe

yep, they were getting into the brakes

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 09:07 PM
ya, hes a good guy :macho

fandl450r, what class do you race, and im guessing you do mx?

as for the rebound, we are the exact opposite, i run rebound adjust on the rear and not on the front, lol

Yup, and it depends, locally here in Nebraska and Iowa I'll race A/Pro. Havent run any nationals yet, recovering from an injury last weekend, planned on being at Echecconee. I had ordered my shock with rebound adjust in the rear (Axis had just came out with the new clevis that had this adjustment) but mine mistakenly didn't come with it, so I just said the heck with it, I didn't feel like waiting.

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I run adj. rear on my Elkas and like that feature..

Thanks for the offer, I might hit you up on that ;)

Now which adjustment are you referring to? The rebound, or compression? Yup feel free to any time.

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
rebound. . Sorry, my bad :p Last race I had them set WAAAYY off on my current setup and had to go with a stifferspring as well. I bottom out my 1st springto omuch and wanted one stiffer. One thing I do have issues with my elkas is they are harder to dial in , but I do like them .

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 09:09 PM
rebound.. Sorry, my bad :p

Just making sure. ;)

03-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Yup, and it depends, locally here in Nebraska and Iowa I'll race A/Pro. Havent run any nationals yet, recovering from an injury last weekend, planned on being at Echecconee. I had ordered my shock with rebound adjust in the rear (Axis had just came out with the new clevis that had this adjustment) but mine mistakenly didn't come with it, so I just said the heck with it, I didn't feel like waiting.

ah, i hate getting something you didnt order, good luck this season, hope your shock setup works for you! those new ti springs are pretty light!

ill be racing open A locally, and im going to try to do open A in the GNCC also, but i may end up doing open B nationally, just have to see what happens

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 09:15 PM
ah, i hate getting something you didnt order, good luck this season, hope your shock setup works for you! those new ti springs are pretty light!

ill be racing open A locally, and im going to try to do open A in the GNCC also, but i may end up doing open B nationally, just have to see what happens

I appreciate it, and you too. Be careful about dropping to a lower class, they can protest ya for it! Yea the Ti shocks look pretty cool, they just better be worth their weight in cash because they weren't cheap.

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
The reason why we are in a bit of a hurry is to get some seat time in and break in the quad before the WORCS race in May. My ole man will be running A clas this year and has had very little seat time .

Unfortunaly, he HAS to bump up regarless of seat time cause of his lap times last season.

Best of luck to ya both as well :)

03-19-2006, 09:20 PM
I appreciate it, and you too. Be careful about dropping to a lower class, they can protest ya for it! Yea the Ti shocks look pretty cool, they just better be worth their weight in cash because they weren't cheap.

ya thats what i heard, ill just have to see how the season plays out, i may end up trying open A, or just racing a lower class locally, just have to see, ya id hope they were worth it, they sure cost you a lot :eek2:

but if i do race open a locally, and open b nationally, and someone tries to protest me, not much i can really do about it i guess, if they want to throw a 16 year old into open a and see me get smoked, more power to them

im just trying to figure out how fast the open a is nationally, people tell me they are just as fast as my local class, if thats true ill just do open a

03-19-2006, 09:22 PM
The reason why we are in a bit of a hurry is to get some seat time in and break in the quad before the WORCS race in May. My ole man will be running A clas this year and has had very little seat time .

Unfortunaly, he HAS to bump up regarless of seat time cause of his lap times last season.

Best of luck to ya both as well :)

thx, good luck to you and your dad as well! you may want to try to get at least 5-10 hours on the shocks once you get them to break them in to get them performing how they need to, hopefully you will get lucky and get them fast :macho

Dave400ex
03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
I plan on running the Maximum Ground clearance arms on my 06, as soon as I sell my 400. I also will be running fully adjust Elka Quadrates up front with the fully adjust Elka rear with Dual Pro linkage.

That sound good?

03-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I plan on running the Maximum Ground clearance arms on my 06, as soon as I sell my 400. I also will be running fully adjust Elka Quadrates up front with the fully adjust Elka rear with Dual Pro linkage.

That sound good?

sounds very good! let me know how that works out for you, thats the setup i want to run, right now im just running stock a-arms with elkas and gt link with elka

QuadJunkies
03-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Cant run these... We called today and the width is not enough for our liking for MX. :(
We have made sooooooooooo many calls in the last 30 days I got a migraine over it all! :o :p

We done a long indepth talk to ARSFX and have decided to go that route with the full ARSFX set up-including Steering stem.. I was leary on theset up, but it seems like there is alot of issues running certain Shock/aarms set ups . Im jus glad all the companies we spoke with were honest about what we were looking for.

We wanted soemthing a little differnt ,that stands out from the norm on all that we a buying so we will give it a shot .
Were getting a shock that has alot of dif. adj. since it will be used for WORCS,FT and MX .

ARSFX is giving us rider support this year as well :)

QuadJunkies
03-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Im having a tough time finding ARSFX website

Can someone post the link??

DJJ450r
03-21-2006, 05:24 AM
www.zbrozracing.com

QuadJunkies
03-21-2006, 10:24 AM