PDA

View Full Version : my quad wont start!

07-25-2002, 12:57 AM
hey i got a 96 300ex with a cober exuast( dont buy 1) k&n filer ,rental bars, dg bumper, razers on all 4 corners and a full skid plate. The problem is that when i go 4 a ryde and the moter gets hot the quad wont start if u turn it off. U must wait for it 2 cool off or push start it. dose any one know what the problem is or know how 2 fix it?

-HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Striker49
07-25-2002, 01:25 AM
Have you checked the oil? Make sure it has plenty. Make sure your oil cooler is ok and looks to be in good shape. I cant remember if the 300s run the oil cooling fins like the 250 and the 400 but make sure they are straight and not all bent up and folded over.
You might also want to invest in some air scoops. It will help draw in more air to the motor to keep it cool. I dunno what else to tell ya at the moment.

440exnacsracer
07-25-2002, 10:15 PM
sounds like you need a new stator...get it tested at your dealer

Tom Lynn
07-26-2002, 01:42 AM
Mine did the same thing till I checked my gas line that goes to the carb.......see whats happening is the motor is gettrin hot and that line is xpanding and lettin air get in screwin up the air/gas mixture.... ;)

07-26-2002, 11:16 AM
Sounds like it could be somewhere in the electrical system. If the starter makes a whizzing sound but isn't cranking over the motor, then that is the problem. Sometimes when a starter is going out and it gets hot, it just whizzes around but doesn't actually crank the motor. Could be in the fuel system too, possibly a vent tube on the carb or gas cap getting clogged too.

Also, did you rejet the carb after you installed the pipe and filter? If not, then you may be overheating the motor and causing it to not want to start.