PDA

View Full Version : 06 er thether install?

03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
ok i HATE playing w/ elect. too afraid to fry somthing:( can someone tell me how to hook up the tether on my 06er. on my 04 i cut the blk/wht wire comming out of the shut off switch and just connected it to that and the other wire to ground. these instructions say to find the wire from the stator that sends the pulse when the engine is being turned over:huh theres got to be an easyer way:confused: please HELP!!!!:D

03-20-2006, 03:28 PM
come on. no one knows wich wire to connect to. hasn't anyone installed a tether on there 06 er:confused:

tfuchs
03-20-2006, 03:37 PM
I grounded the one wire and spliced the other wire into the small black wire from the ingnition switch. Works Perfect

03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
do you mene the key switch or the handlbar switch???? thanx

tfuchs
03-20-2006, 04:23 PM
key

stumpleg
03-21-2006, 07:13 AM
I just put one on this weekend. Mount the tether to the handlebars. Ground one wire to the frame, and wrap the other wire around the top post on your coil. The coil is under the front of you gas tank, and the post points toward the rear. What I did was take the left front plastic off, take the left headlight mounting bracket off, and scraped away some paint (its out of sight anyway) and put my ground under it. Wrap your wire around you coil post and plug it back together, and it should work. Before messing with the coil, I unplug the spark, just incase.

thrasher_ex
03-21-2006, 08:05 PM
thanks, i just put mine on....lost my instructions so this thread is the only reason i got it on!;) :D

MR.BIG
03-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by stumpleg
I just put one on this weekend. Mount the tether to the handlebars. Ground one wire to the frame, and wrap the other wire around the top post on your coil. The coil is under the front of you gas tank, and the post points toward the rear. What I did was take the left front plastic off, take the left headlight mounting bracket off, and scraped away some paint (its out of sight anyway) and put my ground under it. Wrap your wire around you coil post and plug it back together, and it should work. Before messing with the coil, I unplug the spark, just incase.

That's the same way I did mine too!

03-23-2006, 07:32 PM
ok i finaly tried it:) what i did was the same as my 04.. i fallowed the black and white wire from the handlebar kill down to the plug, cut back the loose shield about 4" then cut the black wire w/ white stripe in half w 2" left befor the plug. i then connected th kill wire to the plug side and grounded the other kill wire to the frame, and taped it all up. works perfect and i can still use my key ( already forgot it ON and killed the bat :rolleyes: ) this is also a plus because it bypasses the handlebar kill . i once came down from a jump and some how shut my banshee off in the prosess:grr: took me 15min to figure out what the h#!! hapend