PDA

View Full Version : wont start

builtyfz450
03-19-2006, 06:40 PM
got a question my 05 yfz will only start to a bump start and with my kicker. i was using the electrical today then it just stop working. it clicks real load at the selanoid. The other problem is it will only start in nuetral. wont start up in gear at all anymore.

daddio
03-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Look at the little wire that plugs in below your sprocket. Is it plugged in? Check all connections for the same wire. Also check the wires coming from your clutch lever. Or if you removed it, are the wires still connected together? Does your battery have a full charge? Try tapping on the starter cylenoid (the thing that clicks) , and/or the little black box next to it, while pushing the start button.

jlhughes750
03-20-2006, 02:51 PM
check the battery.........it needs 12.8 to be able to open the relay (celenoid).....

if u think its the relay (celenoid) make a jumper wire(or use a wrench?) and bypass it...see if it spins the starter?

i recently traced one down to the starter.. the coating on a wire in the starter came off, the wire was frayed.. and it was shorting out the starter...????:confused:

get yourself a tester......i love my yami, but i had to get a tester. there great for finding out for sure if wires are cracked or worn!! it takes alot of the guessing out!!
good luck!