PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers

Blue_Streak23
03-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I was thinking of getting wheel spacers for a 2002 raptor 660. I think they would really help with the unstableness of the 4-wheeler. But.. I jump this 4-wheeler often, and have heard that the wheel spacers will not hold up to this. Any suggestions for me getting them? What are some other pros and cons about them?

JW450R1
03-20-2006, 04:12 AM
my freind had wheel spacers on his raptor too.he was jumping some too.he bent the right side hub and axle.my opinion is that there is to much weight transfer,or pressure useing spacers.just buy a eliminater axle....

Racing Rice
03-20-2006, 05:27 AM
If you don't want to spend much money, get a G-Force axle. They are $199 from Rocky Mountain ATV. There are a bunch of people using them, and they say they work great.

Spacers will hold up okay on smaller jumps, but you definately increase your risk of bending stuff with them. If you have the money, go for the axle. If not, risk it and if you bend something you'll just have to replace it.

I am running a spacers but I have not really hit any serious jumps with them yet.

trx469
03-20-2006, 06:07 AM
I ran wheel spacers on my 450R for an entire race season and put alot of pressure on them and luckly everything held up without bending...If I was you I would just get a + axle...My PERSONAL opion I wouldnt get a Dura-blue or G-force axle i think they are junk! Ive saw way to many bent and broken! I know someone that didnt even get an entire race on a G-Force without it bending if you get an axle go with Lonestar or RPM axle but thats just me...

WOLFPACK
03-20-2006, 06:47 AM
If you run them on the front there shouldn't be a problem other than the quad will push quite a bit in the turns. If your looking at widening the rear, there is no sense in doing that until you widen the front and even then I stay with the stock axle.

G-Force axles do not hold up. We bent ours the first ride out and had to order another because we didn't have time to send it in for warranty. That one bent right away also. Stay away from Dura Blue also. Dominator or Lonestar.

03-20-2006, 06:51 AM
i ran 3 inch spacers(1.5 per side) for 3yrs and been jumping over 15ft high and cased at least 20 doubles and go through woops. after 2yrs the rear axle broke. the front is still holding good.
crj spacers are made for RACING.
people say spacers arnt made for racing witch their not but you can use them for it.
out of all spacers crj are the only ones made for racing mx.

03-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by JW450R1
my freind had wheel spacers on his raptor too.he was jumping some too.he bent the right side hub and axle.my opinion is that there is to much weight transfer,or pressure useing spacers.just buy a eliminater axle....

it puts extra leveage on the axle. no matter what if your jumping a quad with a stock axle it will break but spacers just speed up the prosses. also it depends how you land. if you land side ways on the axle alot or front end high the axle will break easier.

Blue_Streak23
03-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the replies! I have decided not to buy wheel spacers for my four-wheler, because I do jump my four-wheeler decent sized jumps and I do it often. Due to money I probably won't buy a good rear axle right now. (hopefully in the future though):D

PismoLocal
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by WOLFPACK
If you run them on the front there shouldn't be a problem other than the quad will push quite a bit in the turns. If your looking at widening the rear, there is no sense in doing that until you widen the front and even then I stay with the stock axle.

G-Force axles do not hold up. We bent ours the first ride out and had to order another because we didn't have time to send it in for warranty. That one bent right away also. Stay away from Dura Blue also. Dominator or Lonestar.
I've had mine over a year and ride MX and dunes and it is strait as an arrow. Its made out of the exact same metal as all the other ones and it comes with the same great lifetime gaurantee.

Racing Rice
03-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
I've had mine over a year and ride MX and dunes and it is strait as an arrow. Its made out of the exact same metal as all the other ones and it comes with the same great lifetime gaurantee.

I agree.. I've heard of people spending more then twice the amount on the more expensive axles, and they bent or broke those also. If you hit any axle at the right force and angle, there is a good chance that it will bend no matter how much you pay.

Blue_Streak23
03-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I agree.. I've heard of people spending more then twice the amount on the more expensive axles, and they bent or broke those also. If you hit any axle at the right force and angle, there is a good chance that it will bend no matter how much you pay.

Plus, the G-Force has the same lifetime warrenty, just like the more expensive ones!:D