PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Carre Spillway (3-19-06) *PICS*

Hondaman90
03-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Hey I went to the spillway today, and I got a few pics. I went with 300exrider3 (Black 300EX). I'm on the red 400EX. We had a blast! Enjoy!

ME (Hondaman90):

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0080.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0079.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0082.jpg

MY DAD:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0092.jpg

Hondaman90
03-19-2006, 06:17 PM
300exrider3:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0091.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0077.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0072.jpg

300exrider3's DAD:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/100_0073.jpg

400eXr1d3rZ
03-19-2006, 06:43 PM
is that a e-series pipe? i thought you had a fmf?

300exrider3
03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
hey that's me on the black one!

Hondaman90
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
No, it's an E-Series slip-on. I don't like the FMF's.

zeppelin
03-20-2006, 02:01 PM
i was out there the day before, man that was some of the best riding i have ever done at the spillway. the weather was perfect, there was NO mud and it wasnt dusty.:D

300exrider3
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
It was only muddy in the slops the 4x4's were in other than that it was nice and dusty

CHEVYZ
03-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Great pics guys... looks like you all had fun! Sorry for being late on the topic... my fault. :( So, who is going out there this week-end? I haven't planned a date yet, but I will definately be there. Will either be on a stock 06 450r ( I will be going very slow because I just got it and I am breaking it in)... OR, I will be on a red 400EX. I will be riding both though. I hope to get out there with a few of the 450 guys and see if I can hang with the good ole' 400. Hopefully some of you guys are going and can join me. Just for everyone to distinguish me... I will have on a green helmet, and my bike- the EX- will have cut fenders with FMF Exhaust and whatnot.

bayou boy
03-25-2006, 05:49 AM
we may go tomorrow....sunday....chevy u traded the old 450 for an 06? u gonna like it my friend has one I like it alot better than the old style

CHEVYZ
03-25-2006, 06:13 AM
Dude you HAVE to come! Actually though, I have both now. I basically traded my streetbike in for one... I sold it and went in and bought it all cash from my quad. Looked it over.... completely better all around bike. I like it. :D I also finally got to see what the 440EX will do. In the field near my house.... a long hard packed strip.... I just cannot take the 450r. It just seems to have too much more top-end out there with the stock gearing on the EX. However, we brought it to the spillway and it was an entirely different story! We raced in both the place it looks as if you all were racing in, and the wanna-be drag strip. The EX could take it or stay at the 450rs side in both places. I was impressed because we still weren't even getting off of the line correctly. Anyways, you should come tomorrow. I really want to race somebody else now to see how I hang.. and I know that 416 is gonna run! Should be interesting to see how the 416 and 440 do with pretty much the same mods do. Honda power! :p

bayou boy
03-25-2006, 02:51 PM
we are definitly going tomorrow...I just tried to call u...left a message. just in case u didnt get it we will be there about 9:30 we will play in the woods till around lunch then go on the other side. i have a green chevy silverado with a black trailer with orange tool boxes on it. it will be just me and my girlfriend everyone else cant make it...thats cool i get a kick out of watching her pass people in the woods on her blaster. i think i am going to do her quad next she is almost ready...lol

400eXr1d3rZ
03-25-2006, 06:06 PM
area 1 is better for riding fast and dragging, area 2 is in the woods but has some fields in it.

i like area 2 ALOT better

CHEVYZ
03-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Bayou boy: Yeah, I heard your message. Been at the Spillway since a little earlier today until, well now. Sorry I never called you back, but again... I just heard it. Checked out area 2... I love it! Tommorow... it is going to be the EX and the 05 though. I brought the 06 today and could not take riding so slow. Tomorrow there is supposed to be a big turn-out. My buddies that came with me to Catahoula will be there. Can't wait till tomorrow!

Jason: Area 1 and 2 are totally different, so it is what you like really. Area 1 is much larger and more open. There are places to drag... which have been sadly messed up a bit, jumps, places for mud-riding, ect. In area 2, it is all trails... well, for the most part. Nice also.. I may add. I really enjoy the spillway as a whole though.. being right down the road for me, it is a really fun place to head out to each week-end. LOL, I went yesterday, today, and I am going tomorrow!

la400ex
03-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Man, I wish I would have seen this post sooner. I have been dieing to ride all week but I don't have anywhere to ride around here. I've never been to the spillway. Any noise restrictions? Price to ride?

bayou boy
03-25-2006, 06:57 PM
it is free to ride there....they have a 96db limit but never enforce it...i know my hmf is over that but i have a quiet core that will stay in the truck in case it is needed....i prefer area 2....fast woods trails with jumps thrown in the mix.....not to mention shade which area 1 lacks....area 1 is sand...mostly packed has a few ok tracks...some area to drag etc. usually get a big turnout on sundays with some good drag racing...helmets are required. it is a pretty decent place to ride close to home..we are usually out there a few times a month hit me up if u wanna go most of my friends seem to like looking at their quads in the garage instead of riding them

la400ex
03-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Sounds good. When are ya'll goin again?

bayou boy
03-26-2006, 04:54 AM
we are going today be there all day probably...it is on airline hwy....US 61..if you are coming from west of new orleans take I 10 west u will see a 310 houma exit right...the first exit after you cross the spillway bridge...take it...now u are on 310 it will be the first exit it says norco laplace...head that way about 6 miles when you see a big shell refinary it is 1/2 mile past....at the foot of the bridge go left down the levee you will see the signs...do not cross the bridge....remember your helmets....no helmet=ticket if u cant make it i can pm you the next time we go..this is what i will be on

CHEVYZ
03-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Woot woot. I am all ready, buddy. Can't wait to hit area 2 again! Yesterday I was going to go again and it got dark on me... yeah, we had to leave later on in the evening. I will probably catch up to you. You gonna be drag racing at all today? We will definately be hitting up the drag spot later on. I am dying to race someone new..... 700 Raptors, 450s, z-440s, 400EXs.. doesn't matter at all.

la400ex and Jason #19.... you guys need to hitch a ride or something to make it out there one day... preferably on Sunday if you like hanging out with new people. I think you guys would have fun.

400eXr1d3rZ- you not making it out this week-end?

Anyway, if you read this ( Bayou boy- and yes, I am sorry that I forgot to mention it earlier), I have a green Chevy truck... you know what my bikes look like, or rather I will probably point you out. Probably a green helmet on the 400 and a yellow one on the 450 ( Or vice versa.. again though, I know what you look like!).

400eXr1d3rZ
03-26-2006, 12:26 PM
im gonna go today in a little while, my dog is has puppies and my mom dont wanna leave it, im gonna be out there saturday too, i shouldnt even be going today cuz i hit my stepdad in the head with a wrench and said i couldnt go till april 1st, but my moms taking me, so yeah ill be out there today in a little while

zeppelin
03-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
[B]i hit my stepdad in the head with a wrench and said i couldnt go till april 1st]
WHAT?!?!? :eek2: lmao

why did you do that!

bayou boy
03-26-2006, 05:59 PM
i heard he hit his stepdad with a wrench cuz he said he wouldnt buy him any more parts.......chevyz had a good time riding today i am a lil sore though....on the way home we talked about going back this sat....anyone else??

400eXr1d3rZ
03-26-2006, 06:29 PM
im deffinitly probably going saturday
:rolleyes:

my stepdad tried to take my key off my bike so i threw a wrench and it hit him in the head, anyone got any pictures??? someone was video taping me and taking pictures of me riding wheelies, one hander, highchairs, flamingos etc....some gay *** park ranger came up to me and said "dont do donuts right there" or some stupid **** like that, i was on the trail too, by the "T" where you come out of the parking lot and theres a trail straight and to the right. but i had so much fun, i can ride wheelys to far now, all i need to do is get my air pressure even in my tires so its straight, im gonna go back to 4 becuase i get TOO much traction with 3.

CHEVYZ
03-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by bayou boy
i heard he hit his stepdad with a wrench cuz he said he wouldnt buy him any more parts.......chevyz had a good time riding today i am a lil sore though....on the way home we talked about going back this sat....anyone else?? Definately... haha, I feel the exact same way. Don't know if I am going yet Saturday.... I want to, but I have to see if other things permit. It would be cool to do something similar again, I had lots of fun. Boy, you can really rip up those trails, too!!! After you left, we kept running through them and went smoke some Banshee guys ( Amongst others) who claimed that no one had a bike out there that could touch them. LOL, I am soo sore right now though! :D

400eXr1d3rZ... I was watching you as we were leaving. You really have those wheelies down! Was that your buddies with the DVX and Warrior ( I think) that were riding near you? Looked like you guys had a similar style.:devil:

400eXr1d3rZ
03-26-2006, 07:14 PM
nope, didnt even know them:blah: , but im pretty good, keep in mind im only 13

they were pretty cool though. anybody got any pictures??

bayou boy
03-26-2006, 07:44 PM
i forgot to bring my cam...we spent 90% of the day in area 2...i have never saw that many people on the trails...lol lots of passing practice..my g/f got her first quad wounds....a nice bruise and a scrape on her stomach when she clipped that tree...lol she is sleeping already we had been there since 8:30 am....definitly the morning is the best time in the trails....not as many slow ute riders although most of them pulled over when u came up on them..it needs to rain a lil bit though it is way too dry

400eXr1d3rZ
03-26-2006, 07:47 PM
they had so many trucks in the parking lot, people started parking in the middle of the parking lots