PDA

View Full Version : slime but jus a lil

jeremy_283
03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
i wanna put slime in my tires but i dont wanna put as much as the bottle recommends cuz last time i did that my quad shoke pretty bad at high speed...u guys think i would be ok wit jus puttin less in there? ..............(so,so,so, i guess razr 2's aint so "indestructable" afterall)

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 03:31 PM
All depends on if the puncture/leak is covered by the slime. They say to use the reccomended amount so that the leak is sure to be covered as the tire rotates. I've personally never been impressed with the stuff. Have you found the leak?

jeremy_283
03-19-2006, 03:38 PM
yes

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
yes

Can it be plugged? I ran a set of turm tamers for a full year with a car tire plug in it and had no problems/leaks of any kind. If it can be plugged I would try that first.

94F450SD
03-19-2006, 03:48 PM
one of my front tires would go flat every 2 days.i used the ATV tire slime and it actually worked.i used more than i was supposed to.didnt feel no shakeing yet .and the tire hasnt gone flat or lost any air in 3 weeks.

Rip_Tear
03-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I haven't ever used the name brand slime, but I've never had a problem, if you ride it extra time wize it'll have to go round properly. Try less if you want, I can't see it hurting really, may just still leak.

bwamos
03-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
i wanna put slime in my tires but i dont wanna put as much as the bottle recommends cuz last time i did that my quad shoke pretty bad at high speed...u guys think i would be ok wit jus puttin less in there? ..............(so,so,so, i guess razr 2's aint so "indestructable" afterall)

Most often when this happens is when people don't follow the directions on the bottle. ;) You put slime in the tire then you have to keep the wheels moving slowly for a while. You don't want the slime to clump up on one side of the tire.

I've never ever had a problem with my tires being out of balance. I run slime in all of my tires. (even my sand paddles).