PDA

View Full Version : Considering relocating to midwest?

DieselTech
03-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone, just looking for some advice from anyone that lives in AZ, CO, UT, NM, NV areas. I'm considering relocating to that neck of the woods (I live in Western NY now, but I'm from FL originally). I'm a Diesel Mechanic by trade.

I ride a 'Shee, and would like to race XC and/or MX. My 13 y/o son wants to race MX on his YZ80. I have 2 other boys also (15 & 11).

I'm also interested in rock climbing/4x4's (I own a Titan SE 4x4). We are tired of these cold-***** NY winters!!!

Can anyone give me some pointers on what things are like out that way, and what places to avoid? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

TRX_450
03-19-2006, 03:23 PM
well im not from real far west but kansas is good i think...middle of the country so no trip is too far to go...we get hot summers and mild winters....snows from 12-36 inches a year....theres quite a few places to ride and some real decent tracks around not to mention NMotion is in witchita which has a track like 20 min. away

rmz250
03-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Where in wny are you? i'm in buffal , ny more so lockport, ny

DieselTech
03-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm in Avon, about 20 minutes south of Rochester.

TRX450 - how about tornados? Get any of those? What's the weather like - summer? winter? Do you ride all year long? Thanks.

fandl450r
03-19-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm a little farther north here in Lincoln, Nebraska for school. Orginially from Georgia. I am about as midwest as you can get. But here in Lincoln, fairly mild winters, we do get our fair share of snow. In summer spring and fall very warm and often hot winter, but its more of a dry heat because of the lower humidity. Great place to raise a family. :) Schools are great here. Hope this helps. Any more questions don't hesistate to ask. Justin

TRX_450
03-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by DieselTech
I'm in Avon, about 20 minutes south of Rochester.

TRX450 - how about tornados? Get any of those? What's the weather like - summer? winter? Do you ride all year long? Thanks.

lived here 15 years on thursday and ive only seen 1 tornado...we get alot but in the area im at it works great because they're drawn to the lake and i forget if its a high or low spot but they go right around us and take the river....and yes...i ride ALL year long...if u want more info on where im located and surrounding area shoot me a pm

honda350r
03-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Nothing to see out west .. Just stay put .. :D