PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Hipers....where?

Thump_It
03-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Which one of our site sponsors sells Hipers for the cheapest? Thanks for your help.

Moto92
03-19-2006, 07:10 PM
C+D is your best bet

03-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Which one of our site sponsors sells Hipers for the cheapest? Thanks for your help.

Hiper ;)

you can check C&D also :macho

313racing
03-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Edited by a Moderator

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 313racing
Edited by a Moderator

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

c@d is a sponsor of this site or dumbass

Thump_It
03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Marshmello
c@d is a sponsor of this site or dumbass

He put up a company that was not a sponsor of the site......and a moderator edited his post and put the rule. You need some help removing your foot from your mouth?

QuadRacer041
03-21-2006, 07:25 AM
so if someone ask's where they can get a certain item the only place we can reccomend is a company that is a site sponsor?????
that doesnt seems fair. i could see putting web sites sig's and so forth but we cant even suggest anyone other then a site sponsor?

Pappy
03-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
so if someone ask's where they can get a certain item the only place we can reccomend is a company that is a site sponsor?????
that doesnt seems fair. i could see putting web sites sig's and so forth but we cant even suggest anyone other then a site sponsor?

business is seldomly fair, can i advertise my landscaping company on your landscape truck:p or put my company info in your yellow pages ad:p

sometimes a link or info goes well beyond well intentions, and sometimes we have to remove them.

QuadRacer041
03-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
business is seldomly fair, can i advertise my landscaping company on your landscape truck:p or put my company info in your yellow pages ad:p

sometimes a link or info goes well beyond well intentions, and sometimes we have to remove them.

so atvriders has turned into a bussiness?:(
well i dont know what that guy origianlly posted because it was edited but your saying that if some post's where can i get houser a arms and i say call Nac's racing, that is not allowed???
i understand where you guys are comming from as far as people advertising companies but just recommending someone is a little differnt i think.
pappy your comparison is a little differnt about landscaping, what your saying is like me saying can C&D racing advertise on Nac's racing's web site.

Pappy
03-21-2006, 09:12 AM
this site became a business the day Leo sold it to ben.

telling folks is one thing, info exchange is fine, but when we see a member or a small cluster advertising for one company that we know they are invloved in, we take care of it. i do not expect every member to know when or who this may be, but i also feel i shouldnt have to explain it when it happens.

companies pay to advertise on this site in several different ways, ones that do not pay, but spam or have others do it for them will not be tolerated.

03-21-2006, 10:00 AM
this is a very touchy subject....

after reading this thread, i'm sensing a dictatorship feel to the site.

03-21-2006, 10:15 AM
well, what this guy posted was you should contact so and so, with this #, blah blah blah

for 1, the guy wanting info asked for SITE SPONSORS, not other companies

for 2, some companies pay this site so they can advertise on it freely, and help other people, like C&D racing does

for 3, they allow reccommending somewhere, but when a guy comes in and asks from a site sponsor, and a guy says some other place, i think that should be edited

i help many of my sponsors when they need something, or need information, or even if they need help at a race track, but sometimes it just crosses the line i suppose

i was dealing with a thread about where to get hipers, i mentioned that they could buy them through me, being i deal directly with hiper and i am set up as a dealer, i can get wheels, but when i said buy them through me and C&D mentioned their name in the same post as to where to buy them, they edited my post, i see this as unfair at first, but then thought about it and realized that C&D pays this site, and i dont, so it is fair to do that i suppose, if you want to pay the site to advertise, then you can mention where to get them

now back on the subject, C&D sells hipers at great prices, the people up at hiper have nothing but good to say of them, i would think that would be your best bet of picking up a set for a good price

Pappy
03-21-2006, 10:16 AM
there is nothing touchy about it, the rules have been the same since Ben owned this iste years ago, and we have been enforcing them as needed. As more start up companies try to make thier way in the world, we will have to reenforce the rules. They are free to email Admin to have thier website added to our links page, they are free to post about thier products as long as pricing is not reflected.

If this is different from other sites, then its different. We discuss these issues with our sponsors and also with prospective sponsors, and they all feel confident that when they spend thier money to advertise here that they will recieve a fair shake and not be the money behind every other company that cant or doesnt want to pay to promote themselves.

I also hear this alot...."Look at dirtwheels, lots of advertisers" and this is true. But they all PAY to be there...and that is the difference.

Pappy
03-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by force

after reading this thread, i'm sensing a dictatorship feel to the site.

If this site was a dictatorship, you would have been hung for just saying that..lol

Its very simple and no secret, this site is a business, as are most sites these days. ofcourse when you are doing everything you can to pay the bills and get membership up, you will bend and flex the rules to not rock the boat. You may even post info or make statements that help sway members to use a product or service just because you make money off of it....and ive even seen a site administrator push up thier sponsors on a bogus name to make it seem like more activity is taking place then there really is.

that is there and this is here. we do our thing and do not worry about anyone else. if you like it, you will visit and participate, if not, you can go elsewhere for your information. the only people we have to be better then are ourselves and frankly thats all we worry about.

QuadRacer041
03-21-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
this site became a business the day Leo sold it to ben.

telling folks is one thing, info exchange is fine, but when we see a member or a small cluster advertising for one company that we know they are invloved in, we take care of it. i do not expect every member to know when or who this may be, but i also feel i shouldnt have to explain it when it happens.

companies pay to advertise on this site in several different ways, ones that do not pay, but spam or have others do it for them will not be tolerated.

understood, and that seems fair.

kazpr
03-21-2006, 12:26 PM
I agree that is why I NEVER buy anything off of eBay mainly a bunch of scabs ruining legit business :(

313racing
03-21-2006, 06:44 PM
i didnt mean anything i was just suggesting a good company to buy from he said he wanted cheap hipers and i told him where i would get them from and i listed the website and the guy 2 talk to just to help another fellow rider

but

this is a website and it needs to make money, so i can see why it has been edited i never meant or ever said not to buy from C&D racing
i was just trying to help out a fellow rider but hey once again this is a website so it is well understood
thanx 4 listening

Pappy
03-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
I agree that is why I NEVER buy anything off of eBay mainly a bunch of scabs ruining legit business :(

or a way for companies to unload sub par parts.