PDA

View Full Version : 06 Stock baffle ???

nasty88r
03-19-2006, 12:36 PM
On my 06 I just did the HCS2 and removed the air lid rejetted and replaced needle with the yz needle cut green wire on CDI. I have a 06 HRC header pipe and my question is I removed the sparky on the stock muffler with all those mods and it seems to run great should I remove the whole baffle? I saw a post on 450r.org where you take out the whole baffle assy, will there be any gains by doing this and will it make it much louder than just the sparky removed?? I thought all you could take out was the sparky until I saw that post. I have just the stock endcap on it also. When you get the HRC kit are you supposed to remove the whole baffle assy I saw they give you what looks like another piece to put in the muffler so what does the HRC kit recommend doing with the stock slipon???? I dunno

nasty88r
03-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Anyone??

nasty88r
03-19-2006, 05:22 PM
HAS ANYONE USED THE HRC KIT AROUND HERE!! WHAT DO THEY GIVE YOU FOR THE MUFFLER WHAT DO YOU TAKE OUT AND WHAT DO YOU PUT IN!! Sorry for yelling but I know someone here has the hrc kit on the 06..

03-19-2006, 05:58 PM
they install a larger baffel in the end pipe. sorry i haven't even riden mine but up the street, still in parts limbo for mx;) so no r&d on the pipe and jetting

450rJam
03-20-2006, 04:24 AM
dealer installed my hrc, but it came with dif header and dif endcap not sure what the new one looked like but i can describe the stock one.............looks like yours i think. I dont think i would remove the whole thing if it was mine. buy an hrc endcap from ebay or a used slip on. I would guess that by removing the whole baffle assy. it would be obnoxiously loud.

cash450r
03-20-2006, 06:06 AM
no,no,no,the 06 is different,,,,,,,,than 05-04,,,,,,,hey bud you bought my head pipe!!!!!!!!the most horse power only buy about 1 horse gain is with the baffle out ,,,,,,,,,,,stock can with nothing inside,,,,,,,,,,,so use hrc head pipe and no baffle ,no sparky, hope u re jet, should run fine!!!!!!!!the loudest sound comes from no baffle , no sparky!!!!!!!:eek2:

nasty88r
03-20-2006, 06:18 AM
I will try it without the baffle it sounds fine to me with the sparky removed right now so I will see how much louder it gets with no baffle. I am running it right now with a 170 mj and it runs great. I don't think I should have to go much bigger there.

nasty88r
03-20-2006, 06:33 AM
I saw a picture on ebay of the tailpipe piece they use on the hrc kit and it looks like a small little baffle that goes in there I don't see how that will bolt in the muffler once you remove the stock big baffle?? Take a look at this pic and explain how that little hrc piece replaces this?? Also is there some kind of plug I am supposed to use to plug something on the airbox??
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=13430&hl=baffle