PDA

View Full Version : just bought a 02 400ex

JPhonda
03-19-2006, 11:09 AM
hey guys i just wanted to show off my 400ex that i just bought today. its a 2002 it has a white bro r-series pipe, quad tech hood, shaved fenders, shock covers which arent on in the pics, moose racing air filter, yfz rear tires, razer front tires, rims off of a z-400, front rims have been fliped, rental handle bars, smaller sproket, and i think that is about it. i bought if for 2,850 which i think seems like a very good deal. the only things that are wrong is the front plastic is cracked and back on has a tiny crack also. and the front rim is bent a little bit. Iam planing on buying some maier race plactics. I haven decided what color iam thinking of black or white. Not sure yet but just write me some suggestions and give me some feed back on what you guys think of the fourwheeler.

JPhonda
03-19-2006, 11:10 AM
another pic

nosliw
03-19-2006, 11:11 AM
first thing i would do is ditch that yellow pad and get a skidplate

looks cool. get some pics of the front if you can.

nvm beat me to it

JPhonda
03-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Also the guy who had it before me took me that the pipe that it has on now didnt need rejetting is that possible because i havent heard of that before. Also i think i should rejett not only because of the exhaust but the air filter. What do you guys think. and also sorry about the crappy pics i should of taken it out side they would of turned out better.

nosliw
03-19-2006, 11:15 AM
gotta rejet

JPhonda
03-19-2006, 11:17 AM
yeah thats exactly what i was thinking.

TRX23rider
03-19-2006, 11:40 AM
looks great! i would look for some nerfs for it:D

JPhonda
03-19-2006, 11:47 AM
what do you guys think about colors for maier race cut fenders. I well want to keep the quadtech hood. I think the red look really good but iam thinking about going white. maybe. please post what colors you think and if you have put any aftermarket plastics on your please post pics so i can get some ideas. thanks

TRX23rider
03-19-2006, 11:53 AM
i think white would look trick! thats what i plan on getting for mine once i have the money for new plastics.

exrider008
03-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by JPhonda
what do you guys think about colors for maier race cut fenders. I well want to keep the quadtech hood. I think the red look really good but iam thinking about going white. maybe. please post what colors you think and if you have put any aftermarket plastics on your please post pics so i can get some ideas. thanks

silver marier race cut with hood.

BTW: nice quad.

JPhonda
03-19-2006, 12:48 PM
hey thanks. umm i like the way silver looks but i only like it if the frame has been powder coated or painted. if i ever do a complete rebuild which i plan on possibly after iam done college ill prob really consider the silver, but like i said i dont like the way it looks with the stock frame color. just my personal taste. and i really like the way your fourwheeler looks exrider008, nice job

exrider008
03-19-2006, 01:06 PM
thanks man. I agree with u about the frame i dont think it would look good with the stock color.

coryatver
03-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Nice seems like a good price. You need to rejet put a 155 or 158 kehien in it. Also I would flip the wheels back. Flipped wheels work horrable a lot more bump stear not to mention the extra wear on parts.

JPhonda
03-19-2006, 01:32 PM
ya i heard that fliped rims are very hard on the tie rod ends and the ball joints. if anyone has ever had any experience or knows someone that had flipped rims can you please tell me if its worth it or not