PDA

View Full Version : wheels spacers?

emaxxjeremy
03-19-2006, 09:07 AM
looking to go a little wider with my sons kasea 90. are wheel spacers bad? seems like they would put a lot of stress on the bearings.
how about the extended hubs?
extended hubs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXTENDED-REAR-WHEEL-HUBS-KASEA-EXTREME-POLARIS-ATV-MINI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43983QQitemZ462187 7961QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

i know the right way would be an extended axle and extended arms, but thats pretty pricey, and theis is only for rec use.

Spike99
03-19-2006, 09:34 AM

On the front, wheel spacers vs wider A-Arms can be debated for many years. To me, it all boils down to riding conditions, rider style and the mini brand.

If the young rider is on flat track conditions, wheel spacers 1.5" is works fine. There no bumps to put stress on the front bearings / bushings and being a flat ground, it's geomentry change is not even noticed.

If the young rider is into hard bumps, MX racing, extreme trail riding, soft sand dunes, then wider A-Arms are much better. Wider A-Arms with off-set shock mounts are the best setup. Being wider A-Arms, its steering geometry isn't changed either (compared to wheel spacers).

Depending your current and future riding conditions, one needs to pick the correct upgrade parts. Or, its front bushings / bearings will wear out much faster.

Hope this helps....

emaxxjeremy
03-19-2006, 12:14 PM
what about rears?

fronts i would prefer the wide arms, but they are like $350
seems like the rear would be fine with spacers or wide hubs, same as a wideraxle isnt it?

QuadJunkies
03-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I have a set of +3 aarms in the for sale section for s GREAT PRICE!!

EDIT~~
I jsut seen that you needed for a Kasea not a Predator ... sorry my bad

jocolo
03-25-2006, 09:44 PM
I put 2.5" spacer front and back, rocks ruts, whoops no proms,

dirtmomma
03-28-2006, 09:51 AM
We run wheel spacers on our Kasea, we just put them on the rear for the last TT race & he had a wipe out & it could be the spacers that bent his axle :( it took a pretty hard hit though!!

Haven't had any issues w/ them other than that LOL :o We've ran them on our blaster for YEARS W/O NO problems, that thing has taken horrible hits, upside down ect w/ NOTHING bent go figure haha ;)

You can get an axle for a decent price(extneded) but yep I'm in the same boat w/ you on the arms theya re spendy!!!!

good luck I think they would be fine for the trails :)