PDA

View Full Version : electric start mod for 04yfz450

wyattroa
03-19-2006, 12:41 AM
so i was reading that if you do the electric start mod on the 04 yfz450 then you wont be able to use your head lights anymore. well i bought this quad used about a month ago.now i just ordered MR16 trail techs for it and read that the lights will not be able to work if i have the electric start done....anyone got any idea on what to do for this, i do a bunch of night riding and need lights on this thing. do i need to ditch the electric start and get the kick start on it again? or will i be able to some how wire up a switch for them..would this also make it so that when i hit my front brake the rear brake light not light up? or if i hit the rear brakes?
robert

wyattroa
03-19-2006, 11:46 AM
well i will try to explain a little better. the quad came with a electric start on it, owner stated it had the kick start when he bought it (when the yfz first came out) and converted it over to electric start. this is what has been done to mine

http://www.mansellracing.com/Mods/StarterSwitch.aspx

this has no light switch on it and the electric start button is a red stop engine button. will i be able to hook up a regular light switch on the quad to get the light i bought to work? or do i need to start all over with a new wiring harness?
robert

intruder
03-19-2006, 04:15 PM
YFZ's were all electric start if there's a resister kit on the quad you can't run lights untill you unhook the kit. The kit would be a white ceramic box between where the lights would go. There was no such thing as a kick start only YFZ unless someone removed the electric start and added the kicker.