PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I know what they are, where they go and how they work

angelon400ex
07-24-2002, 09:11 PM
I finally got my shocks but instead of getting to ride I had to head to my brother's wedding to be his best person.

07-24-2002, 09:16 PM
nice shocks!!!!

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Nice errr ummm "shocks" :eek:

07-24-2002, 09:28 PM
nice shocks

kicken250x
07-24-2002, 09:30 PM
yea im with you on that one rippinitup!! ok since you knowwhat they are where they go and how they work then why dont you tell us?!?!:D na im just messin with you i would hope you know that! well good luck with them and let us how they they do over stock. oh yea and lets see some pics with them on!

later

angelon400ex
07-24-2002, 09:37 PM
I got to put the shocks to a full test last Friday night at the first annual Hoot Owl race for the MidEast Harescramble Association. I was the only woman racing and I raced in four stroke class and won fourth place. I won that with a very painful injury from practice two nights before when I hit a tree pegged out. I bound up my lump on my arm from the tree and ignored the sprain in my wrist (that was not yet fully recovered from a serious jam/sprain/tear a month ago) and raced my heart out for 2 hours and 11 minutes through a river, up hills, through endless tight trees and even jumping out on a motocross track. I think it was the most fun I had in a race and I was pleased with my shocks.

Here is one more shot of me and my shocks:

07-24-2002, 09:40 PM
you ahould race some gncc's there are a couple quick girls in the womens class

07-24-2002, 09:42 PM
sorry you did race macon and big buck and steele creek

angelon400ex
07-24-2002, 09:47 PM
I want to race one more. I raced Macon, Morganton and Cross Keys but had mechanical problems in all of them...mostly with my clutch and brakes. I had fun and it was a great experience and in one of the races I won overall over 100 other riders in the morning race. I was 63rd or 64th of 163 or 164. I would have to check to get exact numbers off the GNCC site. I won 6th all three. The first race I was stranded trailside 15-20 min. trying to get my clutch fixed. A guy stopped to help and neither of us could get it loose to adjust it even after I ripped a chunk out of my knuckle trying. I finally got the idea to use my helmet latch to hook into it to turn it. It worked and I took off to try to make up for lost time. It was my first GNCC so I am glad I got to at least finish.

07-24-2002, 09:51 PM
you should make your way up to the john penton in sept. I ran there a couple of weeks ago and it should be a good track. and i think we are going to roast a hog after the race. (The bike riders are going to hate us)

angelon400ex
07-24-2002, 09:52 PM
Here is a pic of me in the Macon GNCC.

07-24-2002, 09:57 PM
don't remind me of that place. At that point i was in third in my class. Then..........

cool pic!!

Pro400EXC
Dang son, ohhhh weee, you should be a model for WORK shocks,or for any ATV Aftermarket Company,cause dang. You'd put them all to shame.(other models that is) hehe:p

angelon400ex
07-24-2002, 10:00 PM
I know how "Then......" goes! I was running in front of Heidi Landon who is 5th in points I believe. I was excited and thinking this is going well and then up a hill and no clutch....... then when we got the clutch adjusted I lost my rear brakes and my fronts were already pathetic.

07-24-2002, 10:07 PM
That's great (not that you had problems) Heidi is pretty fast, but she never shifts. if you decide to go to one more this year, make sure you stop by and say hi.

Nausty
07-24-2002, 10:22 PM
BOINGGGGG. lolol j/k nice pics

07-24-2002, 11:04 PM
well, perfect time for hinson clutch, and stainless brake lines, expensive, but well worth it

PsychoDave
07-25-2002, 09:08 AM
THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT A HOT GIRL RIDING A QUAD!!!
:D

Doibugu2
07-25-2002, 09:14 AM
She definatly took all the sag out of my shocks.:devil J/K

Keep it up, and just think how well you'll do if you don't have any mechincal problems.

You go girl!:D

07-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Forget about all the off color jokes/ replies you just look so damn happy with those shocks in your hands that its got to be one of the best pics. I just keep laughing thinkin if we all have that same grin (you know like a kid on x-mas) when our goodies arrive.

But seriously I need to find a woman who is even half that happy to get new shocks, my life would be so much easier even if a little poorer due to buying double for the quads:)

enjoy your "plush" new ride.

RedRage300ex
07-25-2002, 02:33 PM
^
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
"Forget about all the off color jokes/ replies you just look so damn happy with those shocks in your hands that its got to be one of the best pics. I just keep laughing thinkin if we all have that same grin (you know like a kid on x-mas) when our goodies arrive."

Like you ment that- "you just look so damn happy with those shocks in your hands that its got to be one of the best pics."
Oh PPLEASSSE suk up J/J :blah

07-25-2002, 02:43 PM
:D :D ROFLMFAO :D :D

your bad there redrage. good one though.

Cant deny the look of happiness on her face can you :rolleyes:

07-25-2002, 02:53 PM
This is sucking up. Angel can I be the one to wash the mud from your quad in the pits after the races? (That is if you are going to be in Millfield, OH for the Sept. race) Or can I at least stop by to check out the bike.:)

kicken250x
07-25-2002, 04:36 PM
lmao!!! *then shaking head *lol (<~~~ dont get and bright ideas anyone !!!)

angelon400ex
07-25-2002, 05:45 PM
Not sure if I will be able to make it to any more GNCCs because of the expense and distance. I would love to though. I have seen some of the tracks on the televised races from last year and they looked like they could be fun.

Lorduss
07-25-2002, 11:14 PM
"THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT A HOT GIRL RIDING A QUAD!!!"

Amen my brother!

07-26-2002, 05:20 AM
I know next spring for london, ky will be open. That would be fine too. And if you dont let just anybody wash your quad, Ill just ask fer your autograph.:p

angelon400ex
07-29-2002, 04:00 PM
I have been continuing to "test" the shocks and they are great. We rode with friends "race practicing" on about every kind of imaginable harescramble terrain and the only thing that happened to me significant was losing a wheel totally. I kept riding another 100 feet or so before I realized something was wrong. I was having so much fun I didn't realize I was on a three wheeler. Now they are teasing me about riding the wheels off. A guy with us on a Rancher drove up toting my wheel.

Brokeitin2...you are welcome to my autograph although I am just a regular country girl who loves this sport more than chocolate and ice cream

;)

airheadedduner
07-29-2002, 06:13 PM
how did you lose your wheel and not notice?!?!?!:eek:

angelon400ex
07-29-2002, 06:27 PM
LOL good question. We were actually racing around a "harescramble type" loop and I had just passed a couple of the riders and was all hyped up and I heard my nerf bar hit the ground but I had just gone over a spot that was difficult and thought I had dipped sideways in the rut and that is what I heard but several more dozen feet later I realized it was something more. It was the left rear wheel gone. The rim was destroyed as the holes got wallowed out and we put the wheel back on and I rode a good ways until it came off again. Then my friend rode it back standing on one side to keep the axle hub off the ground. It was a funny sight. Sure wish we had the camera out.

Wingnut
07-29-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by angelon400ex
I am just a regular country girl who loves this sport more than chocolate and ice cream ;)

Amen.

The rim was destroyed as the holes got wallowed out

Been there, done that. I didn't loose it though. I finished Airport with only two lugnuts, and they were about to fall off. This was a brand new Douglas Ultimate wheel too.:(

angelon400ex
07-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Speaking of Douglas wheels...how is the quality? I just had someone asking about them but really didn't know they were.

Glad to know I am not the only one riding the wheels off :D !!!!!!!! I think I remember you having that adventure too. There is nothing dull about this sport or the complications we can run into!

Wingnut
07-30-2002, 05:15 PM
The quality seems pretty good. I have a set of the Red lables and a set of the conventional Ultimates. I would strongly recomend the Ultimates over the Red lables. The Red lables are probably fine for MX, but in XC they get dented too easily from sliding into rocks and trees.

Tango
07-31-2002, 02:33 AM
I wish I would have married a women like you! But, If you beat me around the track, I would have to divorce you! LOL

07-31-2002, 07:54 PM
i wouls let u hold my shocks n e day, but n e ways, yea my left rear tire fell off the first day i had it, in the first turn, IT HURT, i almost ran rite into a shed, but all u ave 2 do 2 solve the problem is flip your lug nuts around on after market rims, so the lugnut has the flat side on the rim

CranMan
08-01-2002, 04:13 AM
Hey Angela good to see you back...we've got to ride again. We're planning another trip to Hatfeild/McCoy in sept, you should think about joining us!

08-01-2002, 10:53 AM
Not sure if I will be able to make it to any more GNCCs because of the expense and distance.
We may need to either get you some sponsers :) or start a angelon400ex travel fund 50-50 or something.

Tango I wish I would have married a women like you! But, If you beat me around the track, I would have to divorce you! LOL

I dont know tango it might be a fair trade off :D but I think the real problem would be who's quad get those shinny new parts.:eek:

angelon400ex
08-03-2002, 09:32 PM
I have some great sponsors but none that help with expenses such as travel costs....A fund would be great LOL!
Hey Cranman, how has the riding been going? I would love to go to Hatfield again but I have two races in September. I am getting ready to go to Windrock TN this coming weekend and then two races back to back. We just got a three week break but it is sure going fast.

08-03-2002, 11:05 PM
I have some great sponsors but none that help with expenses such as travel costs....A fund would be great LOL!

Just a thought but did you ever ask??? Maybe try to dupe that great look on your face in the shoc pic and and say pretty please, I dont thik they could resist. :D

angelon400ex
08-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Getting ready to send out midseason sponsorship update packages now. I will probably bring that up when I do. Of course my urgent need and wish list is pretty long too!

08-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Of course my urgent need and wish list is pretty long too!

Should we expect anything less from a women of such stature :D :devil ;) :p :blah

flaneledholes
08-05-2002, 08:23 AM
Hey I want to see the back of the shocks... Dont just turn them around with your hands you turn around you look like you arent lazy... sooooo wheres the pic of the rear??? j/k

Teufel
08-05-2002, 08:35 AM
SSSHWEEET!!!!!!!!!! Angel you know to get everyone's attention...... Very appropiate screen name :cool:

08-05-2002, 01:58 PM
flaneledholes Hey I want to see the back of the shocks... Dont just turn them around with your hands you turn around you look like you arent lazy... sooooo wheres the pic of the rear??? j/k

C'mon now be nice, and I m sure the view is just as nice.

Teufel SSSHWEEET!!!!!!!!!! Angel you know to get everyone's attention...... Very appropiate screen name

Do ya think she is looking for attention ???? Well Angel if you are it seems to be working :p

Oh and should we be expecting a copy of the "needs list"?

angelon400ex
08-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Aw come on, guys! You needed to liven it up in here. ;)

Actually I was VERY thrilled to get my shocks after waiting for a year! My stock ones were badly worn and made for some rough laps in 1 1/2 hrs to 2 1/2 hrs of harescramble races! Thanks to Marcum's ATV (one of my generous sponsors) and my mom's contribution, I was finally able to get them. That is why I have such a happy smile!:D

Lorduss
08-10-2002, 01:57 AM
i hope you didnt mean you put them on order a year ago, ifso im not getting those shocks! heck i waited 2 days for my AC propegs, that was long enough for me!

allthough im sure when the time comes, the engine builder is gonna take his sweet time, cant argu with HP.

400exBro
08-10-2002, 02:11 PM
mine took 4 weeks but they had to been shipped up to canada so it took about 1/2 - 1 week longer to get them but it was worth the wait
Bro

angelon400ex
08-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Nope, I just had to wait a year until I could fund them. Still trying to get them dialed in for the harescramble racing I do. I got really lucky and my mechanic was out at my race yesterday and noticed I needed some adjustment due to the "pogo" effect. He said my rebound is too fast. But right now it is at his shop getting ready to have a beating to get the pivot bolt out and replace the swingarm bearings. I have a race this Sunday also with a motocross section that is part of a national track. Can't wait to do some jumping.

08-19-2002, 06:24 PM
have you decided if you are going to be able to make it to anymore nationals this year?

Teufel
08-20-2002, 09:54 AM
Speaking of Douglas wheels...how is the quality? I just had someone asking about them but really didn't know they were.

Glad to know I am not the only one riding the wheels off :D !!!!!!!! I think I remember you having that adventure too. There is nothing dull about this sport or the complications we can run into!

I love the ultimate billet bead locks :D

08-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Hellooooooooooooooooooo Angela!

(Aint she pretty guys!, and she looks even better in person)

Now I know where you go when your not Racing!!....:)

Sorry you missed the club ride to Burke Mt in West Virginia.. we had a Great time!.. and we Rode with the PATV Club.. they are hard core riders.. just like you are!

Cya soon GF...

Brian
VP Triad Trailblazers ATV Club

08-21-2002, 08:45 AM
Nice boobs!

Erm.. :rolleyes:..

Shocks*

try eating it with a spoon :huh

Drtridr18
08-21-2002, 03:45 PM
grow up-don't turn this into a sausage fest.

For real, beautiful women who enjoy sports like atv'ing as much as we do are hard to come by and are very attractive and intriguing in my opinion.

And those are nice shocks, I'll be buying the same ones someday...triple rates with cans with arms, when my bank account agrees with me-maybe the bank will let me skip a house payment?

angelon400ex
08-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Hey Brian! I have met some of the PATVA and they are great. I miss you guys lots! You are the greatest! But you know where my heart is because I am still a proud member of the Triad Trailblazers! And I always have a hug for you!

Hey Drtridr18, thanks for your kind words. I am a single mom who is about as passionate a person about this sport as most people have ever met. I am trying to work hard to become a permanent part of it, God willing! I love all the different aspects of it and would like to stay involved in it somehow as long as I can walk and talk! I am facing financial obstacles but my wheels are turning to figure out a way to stay above water. This is an expensive sport!!!!!

GNCCer, I am not sure if I will be able to make any more or not. I really would love to but I am working hard to be able to finish up my races in the Mideast Series and lock in my points as first place finisher women's class. Sure there aren't many women competing but I am finishing beating as much or more than half of the guys in time. I know when I see the checkered flag I gave it my best against the whole field of riders. I am trying to figure out a way to continue with some of the Interstate Winter Series races and some motocross.

08-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Ur Hott!!!! lol