PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna teach me PS

Nick110
03-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I just got photoshop 6.0 i know its not the newest one out but my friend gave it to me. What I am wanting to do with it is learn how to change the color of the frame, plastics, and swap different parts on it. Can someone please help a brotha out cause there are some good photoshoppers on here.(MXfourtwoeight)

03-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I just got photoshop 6.0 i know its not the newest one out but my friend gave it to me. What I am wanting to do with it is learn how to change the color of the frame, plastics, and swap different parts on it. Can someone please help a brotha out cause there are some good photoshoppers on here.(MXfourtwoeight) Yea I can help you. IM me.

antman
03-18-2006, 04:39 PM
a cool site i found that teches alot of stuff like that is photoshopchop.com... i have been learning it with the help of asking people quaestions (Especially MXfourtwoeight... thanks man) and reading totorials online and playing with the different features.

Nick110
03-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Yea I can help you. IM me.

whats ur SN

03-18-2006, 04:41 PM
www.good-tutorials.com is the best PS help/tut site out there.

I remeber seeing this on thumpertalk, and it covers everything you wanted to know.

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS TO PROPERLY DISPLAY THE VIDEO - BOTH VIDEOS SHOULD BE OPENED AND PLAYED IN QUICKTIME

Video 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...shop+tutorial+1 [Link Updated - January 23rd 2006]
This video shows you how to:
- Use the magnetic lasso tool.
- Change the color of the seat, and plastics.
- Use photoshop's "colorize" feature.
- Save + Load premade colors.
- This video takes a short time to load, and is more to the point.

Video 2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...shop+tutorial+2 [Link Updated - January 23rd 2006]
This video shows you how to:
- Use the magnetic lasso tool.
- Change the color of the seat, and plastics.
- Use photoshop's "colorize" feature.
- Save + Load premade colors.
- This video takes a long time to load but is slower so you can see everything better.

Preloaded Colors
Remember in the video how I saved a color I used for one plastic, selected the others and loaded out the one I used in the beginning? You can do the same, or you can download ones that I have already made. Use the link below, extract the files, then in photoshop do control + u or for mac apple + u. Next, click load and then browse for the extracted ahu files. Finally, click OK and then deselect and move on to the next thing you want to colorize.
http://www.yamaharacingmx.com/thump...l/preloaded.zip

Magnetic Lasso Tool - How To Use
-Select the "magnetic lasso" tool.
-Click once where you want to start, then go around the rim or plastic.
-Once your finished selecting what you want to change hit enter.
-Hold down control u (for windows) or apple u (for mac).
-Check the colorize box and move around the approaite slider until you get it to the color you want it at.
-Hit OK, and then deselect by holding down control d (windows) or apple d (mac).
Note: The magnetic lasso tool examines the shading of a picture to determine where a "edge" is. Sometimes it makes a mistake depending on if the shading is too light or dark. You can guide the magnetic lasso tool by yourself by clicking when you think it will make a mistake. If you mess up, just hit enter, and control + d or for mac, apple + d and restart your selection.

How To "Sequence" In Photoshop [Sequence Credit: FMXZAK - Added 11/11/2005]
-Open up all photo's in photoshop, then click on the first picture.
-Place the rest of the pictures ontop of it so there is the main picture and 6 layers ontop of it.
-Use the main picture as the background and first frame.
-Make all other frames but the main one invisible, and set the main one to 50% opacity, then line it up with the background.
-Earse everything about the body and bike.
-Repeat for the rest of the frames.

Nick110
03-18-2006, 05:02 PM
is the Magnetic Lasso the same as the Lasso tool. Cause mine says its the lasso tool. And none of the videos worked for me.

Nick110
03-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Well here is my first attempt at doing something. This is without any of the tutorials because they dont really help me at all.

Nick110
03-18-2006, 05:33 PM
heres my second attempt after farting around with it..

give me some tips please

Nick110
03-18-2006, 06:40 PM
come on you PS gurus help me out here i really want to learn this.

KWAD GAWD
03-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Make sure your Layer isn't labeled BACKGROUND, change the name of the layer by double clicking on it and renaming it.
Then go to Adjustment - REPLACE COLOR.
Use the Replace Color eyedropper, select the color you want to replace, then select the new color which you want to change it to - the click APPLY and your done.

Nick110
03-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I think you guys are using a way newer one than me cause mine doesnt have some of the things your talkin about.

But after some more work i made this. Its nuthin special but its my 3rd sttempt. And you can swap the parts out with the Sequence method right?

Before:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nick110/00000007174.jpg

After:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nick110/PS3.jpg