PDA

View Full Version : tinted windows tickets

milburn
03-18-2006, 02:19 PM
my wife got a ticket yesterday for her windows on car being to dark. the cop had a little thing he put on the window and then he said it was 24%. this sucks, 83 dollars and now we can't drive it.any one have this happen?

Racing Rice
03-18-2006, 02:34 PM
I've been pulled over because of window tint, but mine was 4%. :D They gave me a warning and told me to remove it or next time I would get a ticket. :rolleyes:

I have 20 or 30% on my civic and no one has ever said anything about it. My friend has had window tint ticket though.

450r51
03-18-2006, 03:35 PM
it sucks but they cops, do it for there own safety.

think about it, if your a cop and ur walking up to a car and you cant see in the windows, the driver or any one in the car could be pointing a gun at you.

250R4EVR
03-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Had my Truck tinted Limo Black for the last 6 months. I think its somewhere around 3% or 97% However they guage it. All in all you cant see inside. Havnt been pulled over yet . . . Knock on wood

Giz400ex
03-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I got stopped for 35% on my fronts and had to remove it or pay the fine:grr:

JOEX
03-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Around here any window tint not factory installed is illegal:ermm:

yamablaster24
03-18-2006, 08:46 PM
I think its smart because i kno my friend with 2% tint on his car could easily hold a gun up to the window and no cop would see.

Stevie-D
03-18-2006, 08:57 PM
last year i had 20% on the driver and passenger windows...pulled into school one morning and an unmarked statie was sitting there..told me to take it off or i'd get a ticket. so i took it off, and put 5% on them a few months after.
right before i totaled the truck a few weeks back, the same cop followed me through town, then pulled into the gas station behind me. he said "you gonna fix that?" lol..didn't know what was broke. he started laughing and told me that it sounded like i needed a new muffler..told him i was running straight pipes:devil: and he just laughed again. told me that as long as i was having fun he didn't care. and to just stay off the gas next time i see him in town. lol. didn't say anything about the window tint though. :confused: :confused: :devil:

chazekxt
03-18-2006, 10:24 PM
i got a ticket too mine was 18%

400ex28
03-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I havnt got pulled over yet and its impossible to see inside at all

quad9
03-19-2006, 04:29 AM
in IL it is legal to tint the windows on cars older than 1982. what i dont understand is what does it matter what year the car is?

BlueZ440
03-19-2006, 08:08 AM
I get pulled over alot.:D :mad: Speeding, then that turns into tinted windows,then they try for the xhaust,etc..

I have 5% on mind..they told me to remove it, I said sure..never have and never will:devil:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p4402cf553b262c273f34c70eb5fd45b7/f81901cf.jpg

Stevie-D
03-19-2006, 08:32 AM
i'll bet that car makes one heck of a snow plow:devil:

just playin man:chinese:

Out_Sider
03-19-2006, 08:41 AM
i have 5% reflective on all the windows of my explorer except the windsheild and i have yet to be stopped for it... i got pulled for speeding and just rolled the front windows down before he got there and he had no clue

BlueZ440
03-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
i'll bet that car makes one heck of a snow plow:devil:

just playin man:chinese:

:mad: :D

@Bad465EX
03-19-2006, 09:04 AM
I have 2% on my Trans am. I was playin in town one day racin a few of my buddies and seen a cop so i roll the windows down and the cop stops me and says i seen what you did back there. i was o ****. he says you shouldnt have rolled your windows down to try and hide it. i said ok, and just got a warning i thought i was gonna get a street racin ticket

midnight
03-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
I think its smart because i kno my friend with 2% tint on his car could easily hold a gun up to the window and no cop would see.
Yeah but whats stupid though is that the rear passenger window can be as dark as you want,just not the front or the big rear window in the back.Plus it seems like any more the new cars they come out with now allready have extremely dark windows from the factory.

Z400Racer8
03-19-2006, 09:18 AM
I have a doctors note in my glove box im exempt from the law lol

user101
03-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I had a MS state trooper pull me over for spinning tires in the rain. At the time I was in my dad's brand new 03' f-150 supercrew(the rear side windows and back window was tinted from the factory). He told me to get out of the truck and set in his car, so I did. He asked me if I knew why he was pulling me over and I told him proably for spinning tires and cutting up. He got mad all of the suddden and told me it was reckless driving. (I think he was having a bad day). He told me he was gonna take me to jail and asked me if i had the money to post bail and I said yep.(he was being a real smartass so i proceeded to be one to). Anyways he wrote me ticket for Reckless driving and handed it to me and I opened the door and started to get out of his car and he told me to sit my *** back down because he wasnt threw. He started writing me another ticket and I asked him what it was for and he told me it was for the window tint. I said wtf thats factory tint, its legal. he told me it wasn't and i could either take the ticket or go to jail. I told him to write it and I'll see you in court. So as soon as this was all over I called my good friend who happens to be the judge and tell him the story. he told me not to worry bout it and just show up for court. I get there and the cop doesn't show so the judge lets me go to driving school.