PDA

View Full Version : warranty rings

jeremy_283
03-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Are piston rings covered under the honda protection plan?

F-16Guy
03-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Yes, should be. It should cover all internal engine parts.

EXevan91
03-18-2006, 03:48 PM
lol

2004exrider
03-18-2006, 06:04 PM
If the engine is still under warranty and has no aftermarket parts on it then they should. Im sure they will try and give you a hard time about it though.

*Edit: After reading your signature, nevermind.

Jimmy

pit/wood
03-18-2006, 06:58 PM
They will call honda of america to get approval for the repair.at that time they will be asked if the quad has been modified or if they think it has been abused.sometimes they ask for pics of it. I guess what I am saying is that unless you suck your dealers *ss then you might get it fixed.but it is still doubtfull. just my experiance with my 05 400ex

jeremy_283
03-18-2006, 09:51 PM
i got my transmission replaced just one month ago under warranty

Flyin-Low
03-18-2006, 10:59 PM
They might pick away at the tiny stuff, like how your running a K&N and how it might let dust in and ruin your rings. In that case, they would just tell you to go away cause it was your fault. :cool:

Just my .02

-Martin

400exstud
03-18-2006, 11:03 PM
I am not doubting you, but was it your tranny or the '05 tranny recall that everyone got?

JW450R1
03-19-2006, 04:02 AM
my buddy has a 05 400ex.the shift fork blew from 2to3 gears.honda told him his feet were to big,and that was the cause of the part failure.yea right.but they had no problems selling the ex to him.and his foot size is 11.....:grr:

jeremy_283
03-19-2006, 06:20 AM
no..no its not the reverse switch recall everybody got.... i got my reverse lever repaired like early january and then in feb. i broke some teeth on second gear....... by the way if people are plannin on upgrading their bikes or doing maintience like checking valve clearances.... you will save so much money, time, and hassle by doing it yourself

jeremy_283
03-19-2006, 06:23 AM
my dealer recommend a k&n air filter so they cant bite my @$$ about that

pit/wood
03-19-2006, 07:05 AM
I have an 05 400ex and took out second gear after 3 weeks. they fixed it allright. Then they blamed it on the way I ride. they didnt fix my 2 week old bent axle,I was told that because I put different tires on it(razors) it caused too much strain on the axle. The paint on my frame is so thin in spots that you cam see the primer, no warranty. tabs broke of the plastic where the tank cover meets the long black piece under it.no warranty. I ride to hard they said. best on earth my fat butt, they will take your 6 grand for it and not ever tell you the conditions of the warranty. If they would have told me how it is when I bought it things would be different. but to say that they are the best on earth then not stand behind it is crap. the machine is sold as a sport quad,so just what is sport riding as it applies to quad riding? wheelies,jumps,spinnin your tires,drag racin. All of these things will void your warranty. If you add parts that are not stock it gives them a reason to deny your claim and save a few warranty dollars. Thier policies toward atv warranty is no where the same as thier automobile warranty. If they tried to treat thier auto customers like this thier sales would drop like a rock. I would say that because of the numbers(a large percentage of atvs are never ridin hard at all,therefore dont break) the bean counters dont see any reason to change thier policies. So I say dont buy a new machine,get a good used one. You will save about 3-4 grand then you can use the money to buy parts that hold up to hard ridin. honda of america can kiss my butt with thier japanese lips.

JW450R1
03-19-2006, 04:53 PM
i would ask for the warrenty $ back since nothing applies...:mad:

jeremy_283
03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
geeze....... and i thoght i had a crappy dealer just cuz i dont like the people..... they wuld be like an angel sent from heaven for u sucker :) .............. srry to hear your problems ....... dont forget to yell and scream at em and threaten them watever u can