PDA

View Full Version : oww

Honda TRX250ex
03-18-2006, 01:56 PM
I just got back from riding today and i hurt my back. I Well today i went through some whoops in 4th gear. Well i caught a little air on the last one and when i landed i hurt my lower back. It hurts when i lay down and try to get up it hurts when i walk and it hurts right now as im sitting.
My question is why does this happen, this isnt the first time that this had happen. Is there somthing wrong with my back? I've been to the chiropractor before for previous back problems but it delt with sliped disk and my muscles.
Is there a company that makes back braces for riding?
Please help.

T.Hopp
03-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Everyone is different but similar situation had the same effect on me. Muscle strain most likely. A heating pad would loosen it up for awhile and it would tighten back up again. About a week to get back to normal.

SGA
03-18-2006, 02:04 PM
A kidney belt works wonders to give support while riding. It helps support everything including your lower back. Once I wore one, I always wore it.

Honda TRX250ex
03-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by T.Hopp
Everyone is different but similar situation had the same effect on me. Muscle strain most likely. A heating pad would loosen it up for awhile and it would tighten back up again. About a week to get back to normal.
Its not a muscle strain, ive had those before and its nothing like this.

Where could i pick up a kidey belt and how much would it cost?

miller821
03-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by SGA
A kidney belt works wonders to give support while riding. It helps support everything including your lower back. Once I wore one, I always wore it.
Ya, I wear one all the time, even when i'm just puttin around. After a day of hard riding though it pays to have woren one.

03-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
Its not a muscle strain, ive had those before and its nothing like this.

Where could i pick up a kidey belt and how much would it cost? They're cheap, like $30 bucks or something.

PolarisRider
03-18-2006, 03:54 PM
i know www.rockymountainatv.com has them

Honda TRX250ex
03-18-2006, 04:46 PM
ok thanks. that will probly be my b-day present lol

KWAD GAWD
03-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Your body's nerve bundles extend from your spinal cord through holes on each side of your vertebre which are held open by the cartiledge disks. Once these disks wear thin, bulge, or slip - these exit holes get smaller causing your nerves to rub against something. This causes back pain, can be severe, can be moderate. Also (I have this problem) There are two cartliedge joints at the top of your tailbone, one on each side. They aren't full moving joints, they are more like flex joints that allow the tailbone to flex. Mine FREEZE up sometimes and make me feel like my back 'Goes Out" totally for like 2-3 days and then it gradually gets better. The physical therepist twists me and pushes my hip one way and my upper body the other, until he feel this joint starting moving again. It works instantly.
Go see a Physical Therapist, ask your Chiropractor for your X rays to bring with you.
Kidney belt won't do poop.

Sjorge450R
03-19-2006, 06:18 AM
661 also has them.

www.sixsixone.com

bulkdriverlp
03-19-2006, 07:47 AM
chiropractor, 15min and your all better

theTman
03-19-2006, 08:47 AM
kidney belts are my best freind...back in 04 i had 2 bad crashes within 45 min of eachother....quad landed on top of me both times, they thought i broke my back....ended up just being a bad bad bruise, sucks having back problems and being only 16

Honda TRX250ex
03-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Your body's nerve bundles extend from your spinal cord through holes on each side of your vertebre which are held open by the cartiledge disks. Once these disks wear thin, bulge, or slip - these exit holes get smaller causing your nerves to rub against something. This causes back pain, can be severe, can be moderate. Also (I have this problem) There are two cartliedge joints at the top of your tailbone, one on each side. They aren't full moving joints, they are more like flex joints that allow the tailbone to flex. Mine FREEZE up sometimes and make me feel like my back 'Goes Out" totally for like 2-3 days and then it gradually gets better. The physical therepist twists me and pushes my hip one way and my upper body the other, until he feel this joint starting moving again. It works instantly.
Go see a Physical Therapist, ask your Chiropractor for your X rays to bring with you.
Kidney belt won't do poop.

I've been to the chiropractor a couple of times and was about to go back but now he don't accept my insurance. I went there and got some x-rays done. He said that there was a sliped disk and also told me to see a physical therapist becuase i could not feel a part of my upper left side of my back. Still haven't had the time to see one, but my back hurts almost all the time.
The pain i get is in my lower back and sometimes my upper. But when my lower back hurt it kills me. I can not do anything. It hurts when i move. It is kind of like a sharp pain like someone shot me with a gun there and somtimes it shoots down to my right leg. What do you guys think could be the problem? Would a kidney belt even be worth getting?

I'm most likey going riding today again and I guess I will see if the same thing happens.