PDA

View Full Version : 2001 blaster will not start

goshow
03-18-2006, 01:32 PM
any input would help!

when it happened:

race weekend:

i went through some standing water which was not very deep, quad was not submerged, quad started to bog and then quit.

things i know:

i have fuel, i have spark but to me it seems weak, made visual checks on all connections, but have not made and checks yet as far as multimeter readings to coil or stator etc: any suggestions would be great appreciated.

thanks in advance

joe

Rip_Tear
03-18-2006, 06:56 PM
New gas (maybe you got water in somewhere), a poor ground? Check the air box etc? Gas is on?

4TraxRider
03-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Do you have an airbox lid? Maby you took some water in through your filter and it stalled. Try draining you float bowl and see if it'll start then.

#1rmman220
03-19-2006, 02:46 PM
does it even turn over or no???

goshow
03-19-2006, 03:42 PM
yes, it spins over the motor is not locked up, i went through some standing water which was not deep in my second heat race, after i went through it started to bog and then it eventually quit on me, it ran flawlessly in my first heat race.

thanks

joe

quadracer4000
03-19-2006, 05:15 PM
you should check out your carb. The same type of thing happened to my friend. When we took the carb apart, there was sand and dirt in it. It ran perfect after we took it apart and cleaned it.

goshow
04-09-2006, 03:34 PM
hey fellows,
I finally just got a chance to take a look at my blaster, and i did all the basic checks, what i found was when removing the flywheel to inspect the stator for moisture etc: i found that the keyway on the cranhshaft sheered off, once i install a new one i will post my results.

thanks in advance

goshow