PDA

View Full Version : cleaning

AtvRider21
07-24-2002, 08:20 PM
How do i clean a kand n air filter do i need a filter cleaner and. also do i need a recharger. one more thing some kid said it makes ure engine break because of the dirt it sucks in and if i get outwears he said it wont have the power then any advice thanks

True rider
07-24-2002, 08:34 PM
umm maybe i ca answer this buy the k&n cleaner dont use anything else it will damage the filter use water from the inside out and let it dry (over night) the instructions say to use water but i no sure then get k&n oil spray that on, o'yeah an outer ware will not diminish the performance i have no clue what else to say hope this helps

AtvRider21
07-24-2002, 08:36 PM
what do u mean sprray it wit the spray and spray water in the inside. also how many times like every day once a week what thanks

AtvRider21
07-25-2002, 08:55 AM
come o guys answere can u tell me will it run my engine and will the outwear take the por away se kid said it would also

SLB400EX
07-26-2002, 10:13 AM
get some K&N filter cleaner, follow the directions on the back of the bottle.
when you rinse the filter, rinse from the inside out with water.
Make sure you spray the filter with K&N filter oil before you slap it back on your quad. (after it's completely dry that is)
An outerwear won't hurt the power (if I read that right..
:( ..kinda hard to figure out) It'll help keep the dirt and dust out. Get one..if ya wanna know what I think that is.

Blake24
07-26-2002, 10:38 AM
A outerwear wont damage performance......the kid you are talking to doesn't know anything........and if the Outerwear does give less air intake it would be so little you couldn't tell a difference..........

Dave400ex
07-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Well I found some Tips on CT Racing and Duncan Racing that seem to work well. You are first suppose to get all big chunks of dirt and tap the filter to get that stuff to fall off. Then you get the K&N Cleaner and spray the filter good. I let in sit just while I`m cleaning my Airbox and other stuff. Make sure it is at least 10 minutes. Then spray from the inside out to get all of the dirt and filter cleaner out. Once your done with that you get some Dish Soap and soak the filter in it a couple of times. I put the filter in it the first time and then pull it to spray it out. Then i put it in a second time and let it soak for 10 minutes or so. Then you spray it and make sure all of the soap is gone. The point of the dish soap is to get that Cleaning Oil and rest of the old FilterOil out of the Filter. Now let it dry until you think it is good and dry. They say a day but if it`s 90 degrees it doesn`t take to long. Then apply your Oil. I spray around up and down to get everyone good, and then go back and look for spots I missed. Let it dry and if you find anymore missed spots spray them. Again if it`s 90 it won`t take long to dry. Then you put your Outerwear on and Clamp it in. Your ready to ride. Hope that helped.