PDA

View Full Version : LT80 (Jack)

SwainRacing
03-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Jack Had to tear down the whole clutch. It was a mees in there from the last race. When I tore down the Driver (Front Clutch) There were 6 flat washers in with the rollers. Did you have these on the 3 bolts that bolt the clutch together and they just fell in when I took them apart? Also there are flat spots on the rollers. Should there be or are they worn already after 2 rides? Where they new or were they the old ones? Cleaned every thing up and seems to be running good again. We are going out riding today may be. Will do some testing to try and let ou know how the gearing is, and we can get the new stuff ordered.

Thanks for all your help!

grizzlykev
03-19-2006, 06:30 AM
the washers go between the 3 little screws to give more travel he had them on ours also.

LT80
03-19-2006, 09:26 AM
The washers space the cover for more travel. Like Kev said, 2 each under the cover. They just fell in.
"a mess" may explain why the rollers went. They were new.:)

SwainRacing
03-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Ok Thanks for the info! Will have to add them back in when I tear it apart again.

grizzlykev
03-19-2006, 12:14 PM
i dont no if your running a pull start or not but we used to get alot of water and grime in ours with the pull start.running the dutchman you really have to water proof stuff that place is really muddy.