PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Exhaust...LRD? Big Gun? Hetrick?

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-24-2002, 07:32 PM
I am about to buy a complete exhaust for my 400ex and I have narrowed it down to either the LRD, Big Gun Race Series, or the Hetrick Exhaust System. To help clear some questions up, I am setting my bike up for MX, and I plan to do ALOT more to the motor, so which exhaust is going to work the best for me? Thanks...

BTW, If you need more info from me let me know.

billyblaster
07-24-2002, 07:34 PM
I would say LRD or the hetrick racing exhaust........

I think the hetrick looks pretty nice......I have a hetrick pipe on my blaster and am very happy with it.:)

OutlawEX
07-24-2002, 07:36 PM
bg

Smoker
07-24-2002, 07:59 PM
I ordered the Trinity stage IV last night. It's similiar in design to the Hetricks, Sparks, Graydon, a reverse megaphone style. The Trinity has the billet end cap and (a big reason I bought it) a billet mounting clamp so when it does break, it's easy to fix. It's $429 and the spark arrestor and noise reducer is $59. http://www.trinityracingproducts.com/lib/trinityracingstore/4st4re :p

Dave400ex
07-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Well out of the three I would choose LRD or Hetricks. I like LRD but on Motor Work they seem to be expensive. If I had to buy a Exhaust again mine would be between Hetricks, Sparks, and TC. I got the TC now and like it a lot. The Sparks and Hetricks are the same but the Hetricks is a lot cheaper so that`s your choice. I got the TC because he has awesome Prices on motor parts and is one of the best four stroke builders out there. If you want a Full Pipe get a Hetricks or Sparks, Slip-On get a TC.

400exRacerX
07-24-2002, 08:16 PM
LRD

billyblaster
07-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Here is a pic of the hetrick......

http://www.hetrickracing.com/400expipeandsil1.jpg

flaneledholes
07-24-2002, 08:23 PM
I think it depends on who you want to do your motor work... Like if you are going to get motor work by tc, get a tc pipe, motor work by sparks, get a sparks, motor work by hetrick, get a hetrick... Get what Im sating here??? I personally have a hmf because I do not wish upon having motor work...

07-24-2002, 08:31 PM
LRD

Dave400ex
07-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Flaneledholes is right. If you want Motor Work then you first need to think about who your going to get your Motor Work from because that should be who you get your Pipe from.

07-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Personally, I like the TC exhaust with stock headpipes for stock to slightly modified motors. Look around local racetracks and you'll probably see quite a few 400 riders who agree with me on that.

Now, if you are planning on going with major engine mods in the future, such as a high compression big bore with larger valves, a wild cam, and larger carb, then you will probably want better flowing headpipes. In that case I would go with whatever exhaust the engine builder recommends.

I know this doesn't really give you an answer but that's my opinion on things. Now, if I had to pick one of the pipes you listed, then I'd go with the LRD.

Pro400EXC
07-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Well out of the three I would choose LRD or Hetricks. I like LRD but on Motor Work they seem to be expensive. If I had to buy a Exhaust again mine would be between Hetricks, Sparks, and TC. I got the TC now and like it a lot. The Sparks and Hetricks are the same but the Hetricks is a lot cheaper so that`s your choice. I got the TC because he has awesome Prices on motor parts and is one of the best four stroke builders out there. If you want a Full Pipe get a Hetricks or Sparks, Slip-On get a TC.

Hey WarriorMan, that pipe looks kinda familiar,but i have a diffrent brand, hehe

JhallettEX
07-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Sparks X-6, just got it last week.

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-25-2002, 08:43 AM
Well a couple of you said the best thing to do is get the exhaust from the shop I plan to have my wrok done by, which makes sense.....so what do you guys think about Hetrick Racing in general? How good of work do they do, etc?

Dave400ex
07-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Well like I said before, if I didn`t already have a TC Pipe I would choose between Hetricks, Sparks, and TC again. That would be the same for Motor Work. I know CBRSLIDER and Casey have a Hetrick 416 and 425 and both like them very well. What do you plan to do to your Motor and what do you ride the most like MX, XC, Dunes?