PDA

View Full Version : 4th day arrrgggg

Johnny & Monica
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Today is my 4th day without a cigarette an I feel like :mad: :mad: I try every year before the season starts but cheat myself by a drag a puff untill I give in a say hell with it :ermm: physically I feel the difference it my activeness Also the vitamins seems to help Rode last week before I stopped an really took the breaks an wore out easy . Rode yesterday on day 3 an could already tell a difference . But today felt grouchy an half crazy. I`ll be 42 in july an love racing an finished 2nd last year in the Ia. xc series I`m working harder to be number 1 this year :rolleyes: I was smoking 3-4 packs a day . If any of my post sound off the wall you now know the deal .trying to ride daily Mo. xc season starts next sat. an Ia. the week after on sat. Just wish me luck an toss out some tips Rigth now working with patches an tooth picks :cool:

honduh440
03-17-2006, 11:31 PM
thats a lot of cigs u been smoking. i hope u stop. good luck.

Johnny & Monica
03-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Every time I stop then start I smoke much more again :mad: I`m doing better this time except the mood swings an depressed an grouchy feeling , Thanks

honduh440
03-18-2006, 12:39 AM
mind of matter

Mud Roost
03-18-2006, 12:49 AM
erhaps smoking colts (Cigars) will ease your addiction, that's how I slowed down. It has worked very well for me, I don't know about you, though . I went from roughly 1/2-3/4 pack a day to about 4 colts a day.

if you are desperate to quit they have a medical procedure guarenteed to work, I don't know much about it but if you search around or ask a doctor , they make be able to help. i believe it is done with a laser .

SGA
03-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Every time I stop then start I smoke much more again :mad: I`m doing better this time except the mood swings an depressed an grouchy feeling , Thanks

Youre full blown addicted to smoking. 4 days is great because youre going through total hell at times. Dizzyness, short temper, not feeling normal at all. Its hard to even concentrate on driving your car at times.

You didnt start smoking that many a day when you first started, so its going to take some time to get used to not smoking.

Dont think about it too much, just get through the day. The hours pass faster than we think once we reach the end of the day and look back. Good luck

Im heading out to have a smoke wishing I had the balls to quit like you are doing.

SGA
03-18-2006, 01:56 AM
I was going to add to my previous post, but I might as well get my post count up:D

I quit for 5-6 days awhile back and I was next to a person that just had a smoke. I could not believe how bad they smelled. I was like dam, I smell like that?
Think of the positive things about quitting, you will smell better, your wife and kids will be proud of you, you will be proud of yourself, you'll live longer and not die a terrible death that you could have prevented, your wife will lay the lip lock on you much more. I'd say those are good reasons.

2004-400ex
03-18-2006, 05:24 AM
one of my friends used to smoke he smoked for 5 years. we got him to stop by taking the packs of cigs from him and when he tried to light one we would steal it from him and crush it. after a while he was getting pissed at how much money he was losing by buying cigs that he could not smoke. so i ended up making a deal with him that i would pay him for all the cigs i destroyed if he stopped smoking. me and another friend of mine owed him about 300$ but he does not smoke anymore.

if i where you i would ask my buddies for help

Giz400ex
03-18-2006, 06:02 AM
I stopped smoking about 5-6 years ago, just about when they were going (in NY) over $3 a pack. When I started to stop I was very edgy, violent, and jumpy! In other words I wanted to "kill":mad: But after the 2nd or 3rd week I found a decrease in those areas and started to feel ALOT better, almost felt energized! My advice, do not take a puff here and there, thats still keeping the "nic" in your system, not helping!!! Keep your self busy, sitting in front of the TV ect... is not helping!!!! If your around people that smoke, walk away!!!! If its your friends that are smoking, leave!!! In other words, trying to stop is gonna be like a lone therapy process. Stopping is very hard but in the end you'll feel so much better and will have more money in your pocket:cool: :D Good luck:D

coolex
03-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by SGA
I was going to add to my previous post, but I might as well get my post count up:D

I quit for 5-6 days awhile back and I was next to a person that just had a smoke. I could not believe how bad they smelled. I was like dam, I smell like that?
Think of the positive things about quitting, you will smell better, your wife and kids will be proud of you, you will be proud of yourself, you'll live longer and not die a terrible death that you could have prevented, your wife will lay the lip lock on you much more. I'd say those are good reasons.

and u can save money to put into your quad

DeerNuts
03-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Mud Roost

if you are desperate to quit they have a medical procedure guarenteed to work, I don't know much about it but if you search around or ask a doctor , they make be able to help. i believe it is done with a laser .

:eek2:

For smoking?? What part of you do they hit with that laser?

watts16
03-18-2006, 07:09 AM
My dad quit about 4 years ago and he smoked 3-4 packs a day also. Does you wife smoke? Because both my mom and dad smoked and they quit at the same time. They used the patch. It took my dad a little longer to quit than my mom but he got it done. He said the 1st 2 weeks are the hardest. He says he could smoke one and be back to 2 packs a day. LMAO They even went to a seminar (sp.) about quitting and there mato was. "Smoke One, Your Done"

wreckdiver
03-18-2006, 07:26 AM
I went and got hypnotized, worked great, no cigs for 15 yrs.

ZeroLogic
03-18-2006, 07:26 AM
How do you quit? I so hard.:ermm:

MR.BIG
03-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Just think of your health down the road. Lung cancer to say the least and the total waste of money for cancer sticks. Quit or pay the price later on.

400ex28
03-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Just hang in there and you will make it out.

Cr85rRida
03-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
mind of matter

you mean mind over matter? lol.

LTZ400rider
03-18-2006, 01:24 PM
i dont see the point of smoking, every1 says it relaxes you, how about when u cant smoke one? u arent relaxed. plus every1 who smokes trys to stop, thats ur sign not to start

bulkdriverlp
03-18-2006, 04:36 PM
ive smoked a pack a day for 20 years. tried just about everything to quit. just sucks, its so hard to quit. if you dont smoke, dont start its not cool

honduh440
03-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
you mean mind over matter? lol.

yeah lol i dont know how i pulled that one off. i guess it was like 3am

Johnny & Monica
03-18-2006, 11:57 PM
I`m still hanging strong just being a smartazzz an groucy but so far so good day 5 down :D

Colby@C&DRacing
03-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Hang in there Johnny, you will feel so much better along with your kids. Just think of the money you will save for quad parts :D

Johnny & Monica
03-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Hang in there Johnny, you will feel so much better along with your kids. Just think of the money you will save for quad parts :D

Thanks Colby an Dusty sucking away jolly rancher fire sticks an tooth picks , alot of moodyness going on :ermm: But I feel like my riding should pick its pace up . Lack of oxygen gets to me pretty fast when racing crossing fingers for a better year we`ll see thanks