PDA

View Full Version : 05ex chain / case gaurd

exboomer
03-17-2006, 07:31 PM
I just bought a new 05 400ex. I had a 03 400ex prior. The 05 came with a plastic skid plate and a plastic front chain / case gaurd. I already got a PRM swingarm skid plate. My question is; has anybody changed that front case gaurd and if so, what type / brand did you get.

ZQ8Dude
03-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Ive got a moose case saver. It eliminates that guard in front of the chain. Its basically a thick piece of aluminum that makes sure the chain wont snap at the case and crack it.....ive yet to put it to the test.

nosliw
03-17-2006, 08:40 PM
wait, the stock has a little case-savor and the front cover. you're buying an aftermarket case-savor. why would that eliminate the need for a front cover?

my luck 20 minutes after installing it i would catch my shoelace in there :eek:

jeremy_283
03-17-2006, 08:42 PM
kk i am familar wit this...... since i have a 2005 400ex the reverse switch on the case gets in the way of tightening down the case guard and if u do try to tighten it u will break the switch and have to purchase a new one..... but i guess u may not have that problem depending on wat u get... i got a pro design.... but all u gotta do is take a hack saw and cut off just a tiny bit of the case saver to make it fit around the switch.... it wont at all decrease its case saving properties :) ....... and then if u wanna perty it up a bit get a file and rub down the ruff edges

Flyin-Low
03-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Whatever you do, dont get rid of the chain guard, because even with it i ALWAYS get my jeans caught in it while im messin around.

-Martin

hrc
03-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I have a stock metal one off my 03 if you want to buy it. It should fit.