PDA

View Full Version : Tusk billet products?

Blue_Streak23
03-17-2006, 07:19 PM
On rocky mountain there is a cheap brand named Tusk. They seem to have cool parts for cheap prices. But, is the stuff even worth buying in the first place? Is it cheap? I was really looking into the nerf-bars for $110. Does anyone have a product evaluation?

TRX23rider
03-17-2006, 07:39 PM
ive heard many great things about the tusk nerfs and you cant beat them for the price:D

Racing Rice
03-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I have Tusk nerfs on my Raptor. The fit was tight, but I've heard complaints about the fit of the more expensive AC nerfs also. For the price, they are great! No problems once I beat them on with a rubber mallot.:D

http://gallery.digitaldeviation.com/d/73-2/DSCF0474.JPG

450rJam
03-18-2006, 04:24 AM
Ill give them this, they shine like crazy. Wait maybe the rappy is just dirty lol j/k. I got the tusk gas cap from rockymountain it was half what he guy on ebay wanted for it and it seems ok, not alot of stress put on it. racing rice take it out a few times and give a review please.

Racing Rice
03-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
Ill give them this, they shine like crazy. Wait maybe the rappy is just dirty lol j/k. I got the tusk gas cap from rockymountain it was half what he guy on ebay wanted for it and it seems ok, not alot of stress put on it. racing rice take it out a few times and give a review please.

This picture is from just after I installed them. I've had them out plenty, they've been on there since October. They are a little scratched up from rocks, but still look fine and have not bent yet. I can't complain about them. Yes, they are shiny.. Ofcourse, the Raptor is dirty too. :D

Don't have any close up pics, but this was taken a couple weeks ago.

http://gallery.digitaldeviation.com/d/255-1/DSCF0678.JPG

Blue_Streak23
03-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I really am getting them for jumping.... so how do they protect your feet? They look kind of small compared to let's say Pro Armor nerf's.:ermm:

Racing Rice
03-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure how big you need them. They stick out about to the tires and have netting. I'm not sure what difference and inch or so would make, unless you have HUGE feet that stick out past the nerfs. :confused:

I feel much more comfortable with them down there then nothing. I don't really know how else to explain it.

Blue_Streak23
03-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I'm not sure how big you need them. They stick out about to the tires and have netting. I'm not sure what difference and inch or so would make, unless you have HUGE feet that stick out past the nerfs. :confused:

I feel much more comfortable with them down there then nothing. I don't really know how else to explain it.

I rock a size 17. Just kidin'. How do they hold up to racing, or hard-core trail riding?

Racing Rice
03-20-2006, 05:50 AM
They have held up great in hardcore trail riding. We have some VERY rocky terrain, so I have a few nice scratches in them, but other then that no problems. They've done their job, and kept me from getting hung up on trees and such.

Like I said for $110 they have worked fine.

Blue_Streak23
03-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks! Yeah, for $110 I feel you can't beat them. I'm probably going to order some blue ones SOON!:D

SandShark400
03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
but then on gmo1.com you can pro-armors for 125

Blue_Streak23
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SandShark400
but then on gmo1.com you can pro-armors for 125

Sounds great, but how much for shipping? The tusk nerfs are $110 without any shipping!

MadDog56
04-08-2006, 06:52 PM
A guy around here has a set on his bike, they work great and look trick for the price.

I'm running the billet gas cap, for 20 bucks it's nicer than any of the 60-80 dollar ones I've seen.