PDA

View Full Version : jumping a car

trick250r
03-17-2006, 06:43 PM
does anyone else think that when you get your liscense, part of the test should be on basic (very basic) car repair. I.E. learning how to hook up jumper cables... ect. in the past two weeks there have been about 6 or 7 kids at my school who left thier lights on in the morn. and came out to a dead battery. of course these are the kids who dont know the difference between a spark plug and a butt plug. were gonna give it another week untill my friends and i start charging for jumps and ****. :cool: sorry, just had to vent a little :mad:

Butters
03-17-2006, 06:46 PM
it would be nice and helpful to kids that don't know much.

jwick07
03-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I agree completely with you it should be somthing covered. Working in the hotel industry you would be suprised how many older men Ive seen who haven't a clue how to jump a car.

dirt308
03-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I also agree with this the lasttime I had to jump a car it was pooring out and it was about 40 outside. The girl left the key on all day while she was in school.

03-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Must have been freezing, bet the only reason you helped her was bc she was hot and had a white t shirt??:blah:

Hondadudeehhhh
03-17-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah it was funny a couple weeks ago i went outside and i had a flat. So i was changing my tire and everyone was walking past me, and i swear i heard "hey why dont you call AAA and have them do it?" BECAUSE ITS A TIRE! I learned how to change a tire when i was 7 years old and there are 18 year olds who don't even know what a crow bar is.

All that crap should be covered in driver's ed

TheFontMaster
03-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Haha when I read the title I thought you were talking about a different jumping, lol:p But yea I agree with you guys compleatly. I mean really it's not hard to hook up a set of jumper cables to a couple cars.

250xridamatt
03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
When I read the title of this thread, my mine just jumped to pictures I saw of the shooting of nitro circus 3 where travis and his friends build freestyle jumps for cars.

I agree this stuff should be taught in drivers ed, but I mean come on... Its the perfect way to pick up a girl. Her car wont start, you get it working for her, you are the hero and just so happen to get her number... Sounds like a good plan to me.

coolex
03-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
does anyone else think that when you get your liscense, part of the test should be on basic (very basic) car repair. I.E. learning how to hook up jumper cables... ect. in the past two weeks there have been about 6 or 7 kids at my school who left thier lights on in the morn. and came out to a dead battery. of course these are the kids who dont know the difference between a spark plug and a butt plug. were gonna give it another week untill my friends and i start charging for jumps and ****. :cool: sorry, just had to vent a little :mad:

wat do you mean start charging i already do

coolex
03-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
yeah it was funny a couple weeks ago i went outside and i had a flat. So i was changing my tire and everyone was walking past me, and i swear i heard "hey why dont you call AAA and have them do it?" BECAUSE ITS A TIRE! I learned how to change a tire when i was 7 years old and there are 18 year olds who don't even know what a crow bar is.

All that crap should be covered in driver's ed

that happened to me wene i was changing a girls tire everone was saying call a tow truck or AAA and i was like its only 5 bolts

03-18-2006, 09:58 PM
i tink kids shouldnt be alowed to drive it they dont know about that stuf

and changing a tire

Stevie-D
03-18-2006, 10:07 PM
first thing that popped into my mind after seeing the title was jumping my truck:devil: got about 5 feet of air on my track after i totaled the POS:devil: