PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Make My Predator Scream?

Tyler Morris
03-17-2006, 06:09 PM
i want to make my predator unbeatable in drag racing! but im out of ideas, i have a pipe, cdi box, and an air box eleminator. i need new ideas! got any, please let me know!

400ex28
03-17-2006, 06:09 PM
take the seat off

400exrules
03-17-2006, 06:13 PM
go over to planetsand.com and talk to them

bore it, alky carb, piston, cam, swingarm or wheelie-bar, remove headlights tail lights and anything unneccesary to drop weight

zeppelin
03-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
take the seat off LMAO!!!

does anyone still have that pictuer, or maybe a link to that thread.

Dan_Guetter
03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
sorry

killen them all
03-17-2006, 06:32 PM
port and polishe 550 big bore +6 swinger cut the fenders take the lights off lower it and get some nitrous

ieatglue
03-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Tyler Morris
i want to make my predator unbeatable in drag racing! but im out of ideas, i have a pipe, cdi box, and an air box eleminator. i need new ideas! got any, please let me know!

trade it for a honda:blah:

440racer66
03-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by sponge_bob
trade it for a honda:blah:
dont listen to him

prepracing
03-17-2006, 09:19 PM
check out "Wolffie" thread over in powertrain section, he has a honda civic air intake and filter on his predator, I have heard this setup really gives a good horsepower boost for a pretty cheap price :macho

coolex
03-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
check out "Wolffie" thread over in powertrain section, he has a honda civic air intake and filter on his predator, I have heard this setup really gives a good horsepower boost for a pretty cheap price :macho

but it doesnt do much for the ex's because they dnbt have a very restrictive air intake but it will add oddles and noodles of power to a predater

Nick110
03-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by coolex
but it doesnt do much for the ex's because they dnbt have a very restrictive air intake but it will add oddles and noodles of power to a predater

Yea we are talking about the Predator and not the 400ex.

Please get with the program.:blah:

Mean250r
03-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Yea we are talking about the Predator and not the 400ex.

Please get with the program.:blah:

lmao i know right, where the hell did 400ex come from, get with the program! :confused: :blah: :devil:

XCpred
03-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Nicholas Cycle has a 650 big bore now, but it would probably rev really slow due to the heavy piston. They have a 600 bb but it probably revs slow too. The 574 on the other hand revs quick and is fast as hell. That with a lectron carb and alcohal should really get you going.

MAaudioX10
03-18-2006, 05:24 PM
I have the 558 bbk and this thing is a MONSTER. Have only had it out once since the installation of the motor but, I am very impressed. At the time, I had an Edelbrock carburator on it. Sold the edelbrock and, now, I am waiting on my carb to get back from Nicholas Cycle.

Did a little research and quite a few people really like the NC race modded carb over the Edelbrock.

Obviously, with a big bore kit, nothing with "bolt-ons" will beat you but, if you want to be "unbeatable". Better be looking at a 574, cams, port and polish, 48mm carb, blue printed crank and rod, Falcon rod, and, either, a VORTEX cdi or DYNA.

^^^ That'll make you pretty tough to beat but, there are always alky banshee that are just STUPID fast.

03-18-2006, 09:45 PM
put one of those new scream kits on it....

KWAD GAWD
03-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Why don't you send the engine away and get it built? That's what most people do when they want their bikes to scream. Have you tried a larger rear sprocket? Do you have a Rekluse Auto Clutch? Are you running high compresson? Good fuel?

QuadJunkies
03-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Maybe this woule be a more appropriate place to get that inforomation :ermm:

preddymoto
03-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by coolex

who cares about a honda he wants to go fast on a polaris.

wolffie
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
if you want to deck your pred out, and money isnt a huge factor, go to www.nicholascycle.com! get the phone number and call up Doug Nicholas. he is a super nice guy, and is a MASTER with the predator engines! they currently have drag preddys running the 300 in 4 seconds! That IMO is unbeliavable for a pred:eek2:

basically you will want some variation of a big bore kit, cam, piston, port and polish, carb mods (nicholas does a helluva job on them!) you send your motor out to them, and they will pimp it out for you!

go to www.predatorowners.com and ask around what others have done. some of the guys on there have some pretty impressive preds. oh yeah, the civic intake i have will work pretty well too:D Doug says the Twin air that he sells works better with the modded carb, so if you plan on sending your motor out anyways, i would just do that. good luck man!

wolffie
03-19-2006, 05:17 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215752:D

OS X
03-19-2006, 10:15 PM
If you have some cash, go to Falicon. Do a search for their website, and buy their big bore kit. Its around 2,300, but you will not be beaten.

QuadJunkies
03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by OS X
If you have some cash, go to Falicon. Do a search for their website, and buy their big bore kit. Its around 2,300, but you will not be beaten.
Falicon is good.

MAaudioX10
03-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by wolffie
if you want to deck your pred out, and money isnt a huge factor, go to www.nicholascycle.com! get the phone number and call up Doug Nicholas.

At this point in time, Doug can not be reached on the phone. Only through e-mail.

QuadJunkies
03-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
At this point in time, Doug can not be reached on the phone. Only through e-mail.

Wow, his time has really got cut short it sound like :eek2:
He only had a small amt of hours to call between when we had ours .

Predatorman500
03-20-2006, 10:49 AM
NITROUS!!!!!

wolffie
03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Wow, his time has really got cut short it sound like :eek2:
He only had a small amt of hours to call between when we had ours .

yeah i guess he got a wicked bad case of pneumonia:ermm: hopefully he gets better!

450rJam
03-20-2006, 05:13 PM
exactly, 300 feet in 4 seconds is great "for a pred". If you want to win every drag race its going to cost you some real $$ and you wont be on a pred. try starting with the best drag quad ever made, and vertually unchanged motor from its debut. then take the motor out and send it to one of the many builders and port it,bore it, pipe it, toss a alky carb on, extend the swinger and buy a good helmet and a few changes of underwear. only thing that would get by you is another banshee or one of those crazy hybrids (1300 turbo busa). he who has most money can go fastest.

wolffie
03-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
he who has most money can go fastest. [/B]

very true for a drag race! but on a race track, that is a different story:D

its hard to disagree with you on the banshee being the best drag quad! the preddy is a good machine, but it is a trail/sport quad!